Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG talkback

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
4120623012006_gits2ndgig_4.jpg

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG Talkback

Site reviews:
http://www.animeuknews.net/viewreview.p ... review=280

With the Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG beginning it's UK releases today, I figured it would be a nice idea if we could use this thread to gradually discuss the show as it's released over here.

So what did everyone make of the first four episodes? I enjoyed them slightly more than the 1st GIG instalments; although now the initial "wow" factor has faded for me, I'm actually enjoying these stories more now than ever before.

Episode 2 was probably my favourite on this volume. It's almost vintage Satoshi Kon in how it seemlessly switches between vivid ultra-violent dreams and dank, uninspiring everyday life. The violence seems a lot more pronounced than the 1st season too- more bloody gunplay especially. The new opening theme is just so cool too.

What are your opinions of the 2nd GIG?

Well i've seen the enitre series for a while now and I enjoyed it slightly more(though this is very slight) than the first gig. The main story arc is on a much grander scale and delves deeper into the personality of the main characters as well as giving some insight into the more background characters of Section 9. I also like how dark this season looks compared to the first gig. It gives it the feel of the movies.

Plenty of awesome Togusa episodes and to people watching it as they are released you have an excellent Motoko episode to look forward to. Definetely my favourite episode from both seasons.

Fantastic season, enjoyed every moment of it. here's hoping for a 3rd Gig sometime in the future.

Six said:
What are the subs like on the first volume? Better then the ones for 1st gig I hope.

We were supplied with an early check disc, so while there were a few subtitle errors, we have since been assured that these have all been fixed. You can track the whole issue at this URL.

Paul said:
Six said:
What are the subs like on the first volume? Better then the ones for 1st gig I hope.

We were supplied with an early check disc, so while there were a few subtitle errors, we have since been assured that these have all been fixed. You can track the whole issue at this URL.
From what i've heard it seems there still are some errors. Some signs haven't been translated.

Sticking to the US releases from now on anyway. I can't trust Manga UK with one of my favourite shows.

Paul said:
Six said:

Except the problem is we've heard those promises before. :?

Anyone bought a copy yet? Care to comment?

Im downloading the subbed episodes via Limewire, up to ep 8 at the moment, watched eps 1-6 at the moment.

Really good at the moment.

Ill buy the 2nd GIG thinpak boxset, when it is released which will probably be in 2007.

I haven't had any problems with the subtitles, but I'm far from an expert.

Still, I'm enjoying this series very much and look forward to Volume 4 on, touchwood, this Saturday thanks to a Play.com preorder. :)

Back