Ghost in the Shell 2.0 theatrical release tomorrow

chaos

The Boss
In 1995, the animated cyberpunk action-thriller GHOST IN THE SHELL stunned moviegoers and anime fans alike by seamlessly merging traditional animation with the latest CG imagery to create an intelligent and artistic sci-fi spectacle unlike anything seen before. The film enjoyed both critical and popular acclaim at the international box office before going on to reach even greater success on DVD.

Now, director Mamoru Oshii (The Sky Crawlers; Avalon) has revisited his classic masterpiece to create a newly enhanced "director's cut" for cinemas in the form of GHOST IN THE SHELL 2.0. Containing over 90 altered and enhanced scenes and an all-new soundtrack that includes dialogue re-recorded by the original actors (with the exception of one new voice cast member who adds a unique spin to the plot), this new release represents the perfect opportunity for fans to see this mind-blowing film as originally intended - on the big screen.

GHOST IN THE SHELL 2.0 is released by Manga Entertainment and will open at selected UK cinemas on 2nd October 2009.

megagold5 said:
Yes, do elaborate on this "selected UK cinemas" business, we did get Tales from Earthsea here...so I have hope... Please?

EDIT: Ok, found the info on here http://www.ghostintheshellredux.co.uk/ as per usual "selected" means 5 odd cinemas nowhere near me. ¬.¬

Thanks for the link. I checked my local cinemas and could not see it anywhere. The Derby quad's listings go up to 5th November - according to your link its on 6-8th November.

The ICA's showing it.
I'm not overwhelmed with the prospect of cinema viewing in general though, owing to my preference for allocating funds towards less transient purchases.

newsletter.jpg

Bristol could be interesting only an hour from here. But £5.40 to get back over the bridge puts me off, although if I can make a day of it it might not be so bad.

Its nice to see it getting a theatrical release i will admit, but it annoys me that once again scotland gets completely left out. I would've more than willingly gone to watch it if it showed here, but again, no such luck =/ It really does annoy me sometimes.

memorium said:
@Dracos:
i live in a town that's about 20-30 miles from Bristol :wink:

something is finally near me for once! 8)

I live just north of Cardiff and it is annoying for most people in this area that Bristol is about as far as most bands and things worth going to get.

Back