Getting Bored With Anime

Doing the same thing, theres not a lot on offer at the moment, I've just watched this and that and two days later I've forgotten the name or something. A while back I'd watch heroic age, claymore, TTGL and more, I'd look forward to all of them.
Now, theres nothing interesting on.

PARANOIA AGENT DUDE.
YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS.
Its truly excellent and as psychological as you could want.

If you havint already Id highly suggest you check out Serial Experiments Lain(maybe the most psycho anime ever).

Not everyones cup of tea but I love it.

Hope that helped.
Good luck:)

haha sorry guys, didnt mean to seem like an ungrateful c*nt haha

Ick i was just referring to the animation of FMA, im really not simple minded when it comes to anime, just cant get into the more campier looking stuff at the min.

Im defo gonna check out more of satoshi's stuff. i had completely forgotten about lain... i watched the first volume years ago and thought it was a real head ****, so im defo gona have another bang at that series

just googled claymore... looks pretty cool. so did monster but.... 74episodes, the only show ive ever commited myself to that long is cardcaptor sakura, which was like my first venture into anime... altho i didnt know it lol

thanks all :D

Lamune drained my will to live. That was a really bland, pointless anime.

But then I watched Bamboo Blade and Lucky Star and realised God's in his heaven, all's well with the world.

Aion said:
If Death Note doesn't make you love anime again then there isn't much chance of anything else moving you.
And why is that exactly? If anime fails him, he should just go to manga, there's some great series which have yet [and probably never will] get animated.

Lupus Inu said:
Aion said:
If Death Note doesn't make you love anime again then there isn't much chance of anything else moving you.
And why is that exactly? If anime fails him, he should just go to manga, there's some great series which have yet [and probably never will] get animated.

If the anime adaptation is already out, there are 3 reasons (in my mind) to read manga:

1: Because the anime adaptation is bad.
2: Because a few scenes were missed in the anime and you're curious.
3: Because the anime diverged from the manga.

It's doubtful he'd be interested in manga if the animated version doesn't do it for him. Manga cannot compete if the anime adaptation is done well - It's the same as manga with colour, motion, music and voice acting. The anime has to be done terribly, like with Shippuuden, for the manga to be anywhere near as enjoyable.

And, aside from changing the ending for the worse, Death Note was near enough the perfect manga to anime transition. They did a great job making up for the poor 2nd half of the manga by removing the pointless dull stuff and keeping the best parts in.

I know just how you feel! Well, maybe not just, but I've certainly become bored with anime, and I've attributed this to two things – the university's weekly anime showings which have given me a regular supply of the stuff, thus making it less special, while also leading me to realise just how much anime there is which I don't like at all, but everyone else seems to love. Death Note is the ultimate example of this; Higurashi no Naku Koroni and almost all involving robots are others. Reason #2 is that my 8/9-year old brother now watches subtitled anime – for a while, he regularly watched a couple of episodes a day. Though I enjoy his selections slightly more that of the anime society, it still makes it more of an everyday event and raises my standards of what is exciting.

The way I've got over it, or at least found something which can replace it, is by buying and downloading and watching far more unusual anime – specifically, the films of Kihachiro Kawamoto and Minna no Uta. And secondly, I now think of anime and manga as animation and comics. Though there are dramatic differences in the western and eastern industries, in the format they are normally published in, the creativity of the creators shouldn't be categorised like that… It's almost racist, for want of better word, to have separate names for one country's creations and not for others – I try to think less about countries, and more about individual creators and studios. Something non-Japanese I'd recommend in particular is La Planète sauvage (released in the UK as Fantastic Planet). This is a 2D animated feature film, animated not with cells but with paper cutouts – a different one for each frame of animation – which can be painted in relatively realistic, tonal, way, rather than the flat colours of cel painting. Though I like how the characters in manga and anime stand out from their backgrounds by being more stylised, I also found this refreshingly different. At least outside of short films, there's really nothing else quite like it (though Gwen is probably the one which comes closest).

Lupus Inu said:
Aion said:

If one of my all time favourite manga got animated, I would adore anime again.

Now i've gone to Rping and just reading manga. T.T

Back