Get in the Netflix! A look back (and forward) at Evangelion.

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
As streaming giants Netflix prepare to put Evangelion back out there for a whole new generation of fans, we here at Anime UK News thought it was a good chance to reflect on Eva, hopefully provide some words of explanation for newcomers and also offer some personal thoughts on what the show has meant to us over the years.

Continue reading...

At first I was not fussed with the new voice actor's but now they are ok the woman who plays rei sound's very like the original voice actress

I've not seen the original show, or any of Rebuild, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing it in it's entirety someday with @Neil.T further down the line. I did actually find on YouTube what appeared to be a music video with visuals from the first 3 Rebuilds, and animation wise they look really good! Even the way the trains are animated as they weave busily above the ground, like giant metal catapillars! 😅

The animation seems softer around the edges somehow than the original show, and I do really like the look of it. I generally don't usually dig the look of newer anime, though it does depend on what it is. I think it's great that Rebuild is getting a newer generation interested in the franchise, and also (in my opinion), allows the newer batch of creators of to give a nod of appreciation to the original show 🙂

I do find it fascinating that the original show is something that was borne out of the creator's own dealings with mental illness. It's resulted in some of the most recognisable and memorable characters, and it's arguably one of the most well-known and definitive anime ever, not just of the mech genre.

Well written article guys 🙂👍

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not seen the original show, or any of Rebuild, so I'm really looking forward to experiencing it in it's entirety someday with @Neil.T further down the line. I did actually find on YouTube what appeared to be a music video with visuals from the first 3 Rebuilds, and animation wise they look really good! Even the way the trains are animated as they weave busily above the ground, like giant metal catapillars! 😅

The animation seems softer around the edges somehow than the original show, and I do really like the look of it. I generally don't usually dig the look of newer anime, though it does depend on what it is. I think it's great that Rebuild is getting a newer generation interested in the franchise, and also (in my opinion), allows the newer batch of creators of to give a nod of appreciation to the original show 🙂

I do find it fascinating that the original show is something that was borne out of the creator's own dealings with mental illness. It's resulted in some of the most recognisable and memorable characters, and it's arguably one of the most well-known and definitive anime ever, not just of the mech genre.

Well written article guys 🙂👍
That was very well written well done when you first watch neon genesis you will like it believe me

i agree, neon genesis is the best anime ive ever seen. it needs a uk blue ray release
While I don't say something is the best I've seen, I totally agree with it getting a proper home release here.
Fingers crossed they might want to do it sometime after everyone's been able to catch up with it on netflix, the rebuilds need some sort of proper release too, I can't seem to find them and I'm really interested to see what they've changed from the original series

Back