Gary Gygax Dies

Dracos

Dragon Knight
Gary Gygax, co-creator of the incredibly influential Dungeons & Dragons role-playing games, died yesterday at his home in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin at age 69.

I thought this might generate a few more posts than this, I can only assume the gamers around here are the computer variety not pencil and paper gamers like myself.

I own the board game, I got it for the lulz because it is the nerdy thing to play. I never, ever played it once - It was so frickin' complicated, My family tried one Christmas. After about an hour, We still hadn't started the game. I imagine it would be quite cool if I had actually spent time to try and actually get into it. Gaming aside, Its sad to hear another probably influential people in the [board] gaming industry has died. Its overrun with MB Kids now a days. ;/

Never had any interest in the game, but creating D&D makes him some kind of Nerd God and so, I'm saddenend that he's run out of hit points.

CitizenGeek said:
But creating D&D makes me some kind of Nerd God

Lol, Your a nerd....

Anyway feel bad for the dude, died peretty young at the young age of 69, lol gotta love that number.

and yes i've played D&D in school at a club & have been asked to restart it since it stopped for a break.

Back