GANTZ....The End?

Kakasuke

Completely Average High School Student
Hey guys,

Uhm, ive recently just finished watching GANTZ, which i thoroughly enjoyed...Until the end that is. W....TF?! Was probably the crappest ending to an anime I've seen in a while!!

Does anyone else share this feeling? Or is there some great meaning im missing from the ending that makes it amazing?!

Regards...

ignore the ending to gantz in the anime completely, it is 100% anime only material so disregard everything. The anime follows the manga upto the end of the buddah mission, after that it diverges and makes up it's own conclusion, the manga is still currently ongoing and the true meaning of gantz has only now starting to get revealed with the latest chapter in the manga (301).

The anime ending sucked pretty much. It explained too little and was just odd an WTF-like. After I have watched the anime I have begun with the manga series. I have only read vol. 1 and 2 so far and I guess it is in vol. 8 that the Buddah mission ends. But since I don't read scans I have to wait a while for that volume because that Dark Horse hasn't puplished vol. 5 yet :p

Uppa said:
Am I the only person who liked the anime's ending?
Before I knew there was a manga I watched this show and actually thought the ending was alright. Sort of leaves it open to interpretation

When I first watched the GANTZ anime ending I actually thought it was okay. Not great or anything, but not as terrible as some seemed to find it.

The biggest issue with it that I had, was the way it cut the potential of the series so short. By never resolving mysteries as to what the GANTZ orb actually is it just came across as a empty plot device. If they'd waited till more of the manga was completed a more satisfying conclusion may have been possible.

When I saw this topic earlier today on the main page I thought it was going to link off into the manga section and someone had said Gantz had been Shaman King'd. I was going to go bananas, so glad this isn't so. But yeah, anime ending sucked, the opening is always great to listen to when reading though.

I enjoyed the anime series but yeah, the ending was alright but no explanation of anything.

Is the manga worth reading? I need to devote some of my free time to a good manga and this could be the one since out of all the anime with open endings, Gantz is the one I seem to wanna explore the most.

i don't have much time right now but you can find a list of all the Gantz chapters and summarys of em at wikipedia :)

::EDIT::

My message was meant if you want to read from where the buddah fight ends. :p

Back