GantZ(Evil Grin)

Ramen89

Thousand Master
GantZ has got to be the most violent most shocking but ultimately the greatest manga I have ever read, steer well clear if your squeemesh though. Anybody else read GantZ here?

Gantz is perhaps the most knowingly controversial manga I have (and continue to) read. It's very reminisent of Battle Royale, except it has a very mysterious sci-fi slant too.

I say controversial as in entire school classes being massacred by a twisted alien or a nutcase, who after dressing up as a black man, walks down a Japanese high street shooting men, women and kids with a machine gun. It borders on being sadistic, though the author has left it up to the reader to decide what is right and what is wrong. There is no sympathy but no real pleasure either. It's sad, but Gantz is the type of extreme story that just couldn't be produced in America or the UK; it's creative freedom gone awry and I love it.

Yup, I wonder if the manga will ever be licensed, if it is imagine how much it will be edited, look at Tenjho Tenge. Its good to see Kurono's brother and his vamp friends turn up again, cant wait till next issue!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm a big Battle Royale fan, so I might enjoy this one. I will give it a go when I want something to think about :D I do so love romance and gender issue manga and I find it hard to sway myself onto other things :lol:

GantZ has suprisingly got quite a bit of romance as the series progresses so it shouldnt be that difficult, then again there are extreme violence, really bad language and subject matter of rapes etc...

This something else I need to buy eventually . I like dark storylines and the like. Im hoping ADV get this released in anime form over here too.

Start reading the manga before you watch the tv series, watch the anime as just a chance to see all the action animated but follow the manga for the story, the anime ended abruptly with some strange ending even though the manga is still going, the anime even skipped an awesome part of the manga. Seriously though, GantZ the manga will blow you away especially when you get to when there is a mission at a temple... (manga readers will know what I'm babbiling on about), I'll say no more than enjoy...

Just started watching the anime, the intro theme is good, anime needs more drum n bass! But yeah, definately pretty strong stuff... looking forward to seeing more.

I've just started reading it, it seems quite a long-running manga. how in the hell have they managed to only make a 26-episode anime? shouldn't they at least have made it 50?

I've just started reading it, it seems quite a long-running manga. how in the hell have they managed to only make a 26-episode anime? shouldn't they at least have made it 50?

They messed around with it alot, the replaced an awesome mission with a stupid filler arc which was the last arc in the show and ended it even though the manga is still going.

When you say ended it, do you mean they categorically ended it, and it would be impossible for them to make more episodes ended it? Or is there more Gantz anime in production? Its a shame, beacuse this series has the potential to keep going.

Back