Game buys Gamestation!

Churchy99

Adventurer
Game have bought out Gamestation - although this might have been news quite a while back, it has only just happened as the Competition Commission wanted to see if this would affect the business side of things

for the article go here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=179572

I don't know what to make of this as I've always found Gamestation to be far more reliable, have better deals and employ people who actually play games

The CC stated that they did not think that the 2 biggest high street retailers merging would affect competition I don't see how they came to that conclusion - you still have online websites but I get the feeling that high street shops will always be favoured as they have a physical presence - correct me if I'm wrong though!

Apparantly the Gamestation name will be kept the same but we'll have to wait and see

I only have a Game and a Gamestation to choose from where I live. Hope they keep the Gamestation name although it won't make much difference now as I'm guessing the prices will now become the same. Gamestation was cheaper like. Taken the same bullet as Electronics Boutique in the end then.

From what i've heard about it Game do intend to keep all Gamestations the way they are now (no name changes etc), so it will likely be business as usual.

Churchy99 said:
don't know what to make of this as I've always found Gamestation to be far more reliable, have better deals and employ people who actually play games

Actually i've found that Game was better then the gamestation where i live, i know some of the people employed in game and they play games quite a bit, and one of them is even on my computer games progaming course in uni.

Well we already have 4 Game stores in Swindon so I suppose turnuing our local Gamstation outlet into one won't make too much of a different..... especially as I buy all my games online anyway

Oh gawd. This isn't going well.

Now I got CEX and Game Trading left, and I rarely buy games from Game.

Please please please a new game market will come into the competition. Game is the worst

Gamestation was always the daddy for game deals and the fact that the staff were real people/gamers was a nice feel to the shop, hope they don't change it!

I do all my game shopping online anyway. Plus I thought this news was old, as far as I was aware Competition Commission approved this merger over a month ago, I suppose I got my information mixed up.

Sami said:
:(

I much prefer Gamestation to GAME honestly ..Damn, that sucks.

Agreed, it was always so much cheaper! Although sometimes it was hard to get hold of the game that i wanted from gamestation they would be faster to bring it back into stock.

Ryo Chan said:
yep, and world war 2 is over aswell

i thought everyone knew about this by now, it was done half a year ago
But it's only just been given the go-ahead by the Competition Commission in a report published this month.

So yeah...this is news. :wink:

Back