Gaining Anime University Screening Rights

Churchy99

Adventurer
Hi all,

It's good to be able to surf the forums again and I was wondering if the community could help me out.

I'm part of a newly founded university film club at Anglia Ruskin in Cambridge. We've been told that we need to contact distribution companies in order to get permission to screen the film.

Specifically I want to screen Tokyo Godfathers and I'm having some trouble getting hold of the right people/company. The copy of Tokyo Godfathers I have was distributed by Animax, a subsidiary of Sony Tristar (formerly Columbia Tristar).

I was wondering if I could have some help getting a contact number or seeing if anyone knows of a way to contact either Animax, Sony Tristar or Sony Pictures UK in order to arrange a screening. The Animax website didn't seem to have a UK extension and Sony Pictures UK had no real contact information to speak of.

If anyone could help me get in touch with the right people or point me in the right direction then that would be great. At the minute I'm going through Sony US as they have contact information concerning this sort of stuff.

Thanks in advance everyone! We're really passionate about this and I want to get some anime screened!

Churchy

P.S. All the legalities and funds have been sorted out so that isn't the issue. This is just a case of breaking through the wall of a conglomerate and being able to actually contact someone!

Back