Funimation Now

Re: FUNi Now

I would like to express my hope that is downtime is just a mistake on Funi's part and nothing major.

The site's back up now. Haven't tried watching anything on it yet, but plan on watching some Sansha Sanyou (three leaves, three colours) later so I hope the videos are working fine as well.

edit: videos are indeed working fine.

Funimation have released a statement regarding the downtime, and offered some recompense for the inconvenience...

Hello everyone,

Some of you may have noticed this past weekend (12th/13th June) that accessing FunimationNow in the UK was not possible. We first and foremost want to take the opportunity to unreservedly apologise for the unexpected down time and give you an explanation as to what happened.

In total our FunimationNow.uk site site was down for approximately 2 days. This was caused by a domain-level DNS issue for the site specifically, however our mobile apps were still up and running during the site down time.

We want ro reassure everyone that we have already taken steps to prevent this from happening again. But this doesn’t change the fact that the site itself was down for two days. So we’d like to make it up to you. For all paying subscribers, we will waive half of your next month’s bill. For those who are currently in free trial, we will extend your free trial date out by 2 weeks. And best of all, you won’t have to do anything to make this happen.

Very generous of them for only a few days downtime. Show's they're taking their streaming service seriously.

I have a really odd issue with my account. I cancelled during the free trial, as wanted to wait for the iPad app and now that it's released, I've noticed my account is still showing as active and All-Access. I know I cancelled (and I haven't been charged). Weirdly too, there's no billing date either on the account, so no idea what's going on.

I still have access to the dubs and everything else on the site. I've created a support ticket, but find this super strange.

So I get two weeks added to my trail that I haven't even used anyway? Okay. I'm not even sure if I can be bothered to watch Boku no Hero at this point though.

As I have said on the Discord chat:

A few days ago I decided to cancel my SubPass (£3.99) subscription for a few reasons:
  • The website is half-broken/half-doable. It's not in a suitable state for me to consider using in these current moments.
  • The Summer line-up is interesting but I prefer the titles that are appearing on Crunchyroll.
  • I want to save money.
Today was the day that the SubPass would expire. However instead of expiring it got renewed and I was charged £3.99 as a result. What.

Now here's the funny part: After the site went down they told the viewers that July's payment will be 50% off and Trial users will have an extra few weeks to make up for it. Guess what, my payment didn't get that at all so Funimation pretty much lied.

I've subscribed since day one on All-Access and still have never been charged. I've even tried emailing them with no response.
I'm not wasting any more of my time trying to get them to take my money.

Their billing seems to be a bit in shambles....

Service is pathetic atm. The Irish android app hasn't been able to find the Funi servers since Saturday and the website seems to be disconnected with the subscriber database as it is impossible to log in or to even get a password reminder email sent. Currently in a worse state than when it launched, absolute joke.

And God help you if you send a support ticket as the Irish site won't even send you an automated response saying they received it.

sniper_samurai said:
Service is pathetic atm. The Irish android app hasn't been able to find the Funi servers since Saturday and the website seems to be disconnected with the subscriber database as it is impossible to log in or to even get a password reminder email sent. Currently in a worse state than when it launched, absolute joke.

And God help you if you send a support ticket as the Irish site won't even send you an automated response saying they received it.

They don't do that in the UK either. Though if they aren't receiving them, that might explain why they aren't even working.

Still no update from the twitter feed. The website still won't recognise my email/password, the forgot my password facility is broken and now I am receiving a "submission error" on the support page. The lack of communication is deafening.

The Android app still can't connect either, definitely on their end too as I've tried on both my home and my cell network.

Back