Funimation license Negima

Just read more about this on Anime On DVD.....another lead role for Greg Ayers, what a suprise.....(not)....as if he's not had enough already

It sounds like an anime version of Harry Potter! :lol: while it's not really my thing, it could appeal to a younger audience which may help the whole 'anime on TV' issue in the long run.

I thought Maburaho was supposed to be the anime equivilent of Harry Potter (only in the sexy way however).....at least that's how ADV treats it

"From the makers of Love Hina" should tell you everything you need to now about this show.

For me, these FUNi announcements have been disappointing.

Paul said:
"From the makers of Love Hina" should tell you everything you need to now about this show.

hmm...maybe I should have said "anime Harry Potter with fan service" then! It still could be quite fun, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy it.

Concrete badger said:
Paul said:

hmm...maybe I should have said "anime Harry Potter with fan service" then! It still could be quite fun, but I don't think I'll go out of my way to buy it.

Negima seems a bit more disturbing, especially when you consider that the thirty+ strong harem consists of young, or at least young-looking, schoolgirls. I'm going to stay away from it, myself.

Chomolungma said:
Concrete badger said:
Paul said:

Negima seems a bit more disturbing, especially when you consider that the thirty+ strong harem consists of young, or at least young-looking, schoolgirls. I'm going to stay away from it, myself.

I see, well in Maburaho it's really just 3 girls after the...... let's say DNA of what's supposed to be the most powerful wizard ever

But that number of girls in Negima.....seems quite a lot for a harem anime

GrantM said:
Chomolungma said:
Concrete badger said:
Paul said:

I see, well in Maburaho it's really just 3 girls after the...... let's say DNA of what's supposed to be the most powerful wizard ever

But that number of girls in Negima.....seems quite a lot for a harem anime

I think the idea is that they all have some particular quirk. There's the main "Naru," a vampire, a ghost, a robot...it's certainly more expansive than a typical harem series.

It's the sort of series that Mangaminx would love to burn. ;)

Back