Funimation license Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection F

Ath

Pokémon Master
Not surprising. Quicker turnaround than I expected though.

It’s the news fans have been waiting for! FUNimation Entertainment is proud to announce its acquisition of the theatrical, home entertainment, video on demand and broadcast rights to the upcoming Japanese animated feature film Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’.

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ represents the nineteenth feature film in the Dragon Ball series. Series creator Akira Toriyama was directly involved in the film’s production, just as he was in the highly successful Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. The English dub of the new film will be released in theaters across North America in Summer 2015.

However, fans of the franchise may not have to wait until summer to get a look at the film! FUNimation Entertainment has teamed up with 20th Century FOX & Toei Animation to host the world premiere of Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’ (in Japanese w/ English subtitles) at the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, April 11. So, if you’re in the Los Angeles area you can be among the first in the world to see Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’. A limited amount of tickets to the premiere will be available to fans and the general public beginning today at dragonballz.com. - See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/03/ ... 7syqO.dpuf

I liked Battle of Gods so I'm looking forward to this.

No surprises there - wonder how long it'll take to make it over here. Perhaps in time for this year's Scotland Loves Anime?

And speaking of DBZ - I wonder if Manga will ever get round to releasing Kai? Probably not if they're not really pushing Blu-Ray anymore...

April 11th for the subbed premier? That is a week before the Japanese theatrical release date! Godamn, and with TOEI expanding the number of screens it will show in Japan and in 3D, and with the rumoured 2hr run time, TOEI must have A LOT of faith in this movie, which is awesome! Seems like BoG was just testing the water, Dragon Ball Z is still very much alive! :)

Good to know, maybe it won't take as long to come out over here (if Manga is still alive to release it...)

Back