Fullmetal Alchemist The Movie - Conqueror Of Shamballa...

Sy said:
Even if they don't release a special edition Rev Films are still doing a fantastic job. I'm nt going to hold them down just because one movie didn't get a Special Edition release.

Revelation shouldn't get your pity - they're a company, they're trying to make money from you! I don't think I should think "well, they're doing a good job with other stuff, so I'll let them off this time". They are a company, they're trying to make a profit off of you, so you shouldn't think of Revelation like that! :p

Even so I still think they're doing a stand up job and have set some sort of example for other companies to follow. They've released a lot in a short amount of time and with extras too. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one. If MVM still had FMA we'd probably still be waiting for them to finish releasing the series.

They won't make any money off me anyway since I already own everything I want off them on import. They should release Funi's Lupin sets though, the UK needs more Lupin.

CitizenGeek said:
Sy said:
Even if they don't release a special edition Rev Films are still doing a fantastic job. I'm nt going to hold them down just because one movie didn't get a Special Edition release.

Revelation shouldn't get your pity - they're a company, they're trying to make money from you! I don't think I should think "well, they're doing a good job with other stuff, so I'll let them off this time". They are a company, they're trying to make a profit off of you, so you shouldn't think of Revelation like that! :p

Just because something is published by a company doesn't mean that they don't care for their customer base. By the overall looks of things, Revelation do, and they're very enthusiastic about the anime market, so they deserve kudos for the time being.

I'm just glad theres more anime being released on the UK market. It used to rediculous. I think it's great stuff now like. I've got anime pouring from my ears :D

CitizenGeek said:
Sy said:
CitizenGeek said:
Well, it doesn't look like there'll be any special edition, anyway :/

Revelation films release special sets for series like Tsubasa and Peach Girl but not for FMA? That really doesn't seem to make commercial sense at all :s
Uhm, yeah there is.

So, with only a few days to go until the planned release of this special edition, there is no picture on any website and Revelation have not been advertising it. Well, either Revelation forgot about this special edition for the ads we've seen on this site, or the set is not actually coming out.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but the state of anime in the UK makes me pessimistic to say the least. Still, keep hoping and clinging to that Play.com listing, I guess :p
Check the year, it's 2008 not 2007.

Revelation have said they do want to release a Special Edition release of FMA movie, but for whatever reason they aren't doing so just yet. (Though the 2008 date given I think is a bit too far, I've heard early 2008)

Oh darn, I didn't notice the '2008' date - just assumed it was the same as the original release. Why are they making people wait? It isn't as if they have to dub anything surely! Guess I will buy volume 3 of Chevalier d'Eon this month after all! lol!

That was definately altered to 2008 - I'm sure it was 2007 a while ago. Well, is there any point in getting the regular edition in September, if they're just going to release a superior version in the following months?

Sy said:
Even so I still think they're doing a stand up job and have set some sort of example for other companies to follow. They've released a lot in a short amount of time and with extras too. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt on this one. If MVM still had FMA we'd probably still be waiting for them to finish releasing the series.

They're not releasing these boxsets as a "treat" for us anime fans or anything, they're doing it because they can profit off of it. MVM were just imcompetant when it came to FMA, Revelation were more efficient. It wasn't a matter of Revelation films caring more for the anime fanbase or anything. So, Revelation might be doing good things from our point of view with these boxsets, but they're not doing it for us, they're doing it for our money. As such, they should be criticised when they do wrong (like with the special edition of the FMA movie) and are not exempt from criticism either :)

I'm glad were getting the FMA film out on DVD as more may get released also. The movie however was a load of .... IMO. I , myself thought it was no were near as good as the series and that the only decent part was Wrath's fight.

CitizenGeek said:
They're not releasing these boxsets as a "treat" for us anime fans or anything, they're doing it because they can profit off of it. MVM were just imcompetant when it came to FMA, Revelation were more efficient. It wasn't a matter of Revelation films caring more for the anime fanbase or anything. So, Revelation might be doing good things from our point of view with these boxsets, but they're not doing it for us, they're doing it for our money. As such, they should be criticised when they do wrong (like with the special edition of the FMA movie) and are not exempt from criticism either :)

That's quite skeptical, to be honest. Of course they need to profit off of sales, but it doesn't mean they don't care about the fans. You make it sound like anyone that needs to make money hates the product they're selling =|
Revelation Films are actually taking a lot of risks in the market, with so many boxes and cheap prices. They're making a big effort to keep in touch with the fans, the posts on these boards being a fine example. Quite frankly, they're doing great, and to say they're just a faceless company, or don't really care about the fans or whatever, is baseless and a killjoy. How do you know that the Funi division of Revi isn't a hoard of otaku?

What Espy said. Funi listen to what the fans have to say and they do actually seem to try thier best to deliver. Of course they want to make money out of it but at least they are doing it in a way where the fans can benefit from it too.

I think I was probably too harsh on Revelation, but still, not releasing a special edition that America got a year ago in the UK is unjustifiable and just because they are doing a good job with some other releases they should not be exempt from criticism.

FUNimation might be in touch with the fanbase, but at the end of the day Navarre are the ones in charge.

If I remember correctly there was a time gap between the normal release and the special edition in the US as well. So maybe we'll see a release in the future.

I guess I might be more critical if I didn't already own it. The extras aren't that wonderful anyway, though the interview with the director was kinda interesting.

Back