Full Metal Panic!: Sigma...?

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Right..i was curious about this. i was going through animenewsnetwork and saw that there was a sequel to the FMP! manga called FMP: Sigma, i was wondering if anyone would know at all if it is a continuation of after the events of the first manga series, between then and the end of day by day novel or after it? all i know is that its only been about for a couple years in japan.

It's actually another telling of the End of Day by Day/Second Raid storyline again, and is by a different illustrator as the first manga series, Hiroshi Ueda .

Akaihane said:
It's actually another telling of the End of Day by Day/Second Raid storyline again, and is by a different illustrator as the first manga series, Hiroshi Ueda .

but wasn't end of day by day only released as a novel anyway?

End of Day by Day was first a novel, but then it was adapted into an anime, The Second Raid, and the Sigma manga. Believeme, I'm an FMP fanatic and have read/watched everything FMP :D

Akaihane said:
End of Day by Day was first a novel, but then it was adapted into an anime, The Second Raid, and the Sigma manga. Believeme, I'm an FMP fanatic and have read/watched everything FMP :D

meh i must be a bit behind

i just knew the anime was based on the novel, didn't realise there was a manga adaption now

heh i didn't know that either, just curious but is the novel available in english at all? i wouldn't mind giving it a read.

Arbalest said:
heh i didn't know that either, just curious but is the novel available in english at all? i wouldn't mind giving it a read.

Seconded. I would definitely love to read the original novels sometime given how much I enjoyed the anime versions (and, to a very slightly lesser extent, the ADV manga). Having seen the Vampire Hunter D, Ghost in the Shell SAC and .hack novels on the shelves (and the Fullmetal Alchemist novels, albeit in the States) I can see the Fullmetal Panic novels going down well too. I'd certainly pay for 'em.

Blade678 said:
Another thing which makes 2007 good is there may be a new series of FMP this year as well.

If Kyoto Animation will continue with FMP, with Lucky Star airing soon, Hauruhi second season (maybe) and Clannad airing in 2008, dont know if it will be happening soon :cry:

But still doesnt stop me hoping

Blade678 said:
Another thing which makes 2007 good is there may be a new series of FMP this year as well.

It will most likely be next year not this year. From what i read here and there, mostly on the animesuki forums, they think that Kyoto Animation have all 10 original projects set for this year and no FMP was mentioned, so i would guess next year is the likely release for it..or if it is this year..near the end of it. They also mentioned Haruhi second season as well..though i'm not sure of it.

All i know is that FMP is going to have a new series, no doubt about it. but its a case of when. And the novels are apparently estimated to finish next year :(, mind you i am yet to read any.

http://fmp.abstratica.org/images/mags/d ... -10-02.jpg <-- that shows i think Leonards AS so it could be the design for the next series...i dunno though.

There won't be anything this year. For TSR, it was announced in August and didn't start until summer of the next year. I don't doubt there will be a new one at some point, but it will probably not be at least until Spring/Summer 2008. They may also be waiting until the novels reach a good cut off so they have a nice place to leave the anime neatly.

That's a shame because a while ago ANN had an interview where it said that they wanted to bring out a new series every 2 years.

well if you think about it..they did release the OAV last year, which was some time after TSR was released, a year or 2 wasn't it? anyways, if you counted that, next year would be about 2 years after the OAV so it would stick to the series every 2 years.

Back