Fu singles!

devilrules666

Combat Butler
When i started collecting anime dvds back in 2003 singles were the only way to buy anime at the time.In the last couple of months I have started to realise just how much space the bloody things take up. I have started a massive plan where i am planning on replacing all the singles in my anime collection with boxsets of the shows. My mates are buying all the singles off me and that money is going to the boxsets. It is mainly alot of relevation,mvm , beez and adv stuff that i am replacing. I have counted 45 different tittles in my anime collection that i need to replace with boxsets. I already have 25 done, with 20 to go. I am using anime online and planet axel to track down all the boxsets i can. Have any of you guys done something like this or do you think that i am crazy? :D

Personally, yes. I do think you're crazy. But then I have a lot of duplicate copies of the same books by a particular author because I re-bought them as they were re-released in hardback (despite already owning first edition hardbacks) because I liked the new covers. But I still like the old covers so I kept them all. So I'm probably not the best person to judge really.

I bought some 3 or 4 disc cases and squished my collection of 6/7 disc single sets into less boxes. Stacked up all the cover sheets so I've not lost anything apart from empty single DVD cases. Darn it saved a lot of space!!

Been buying anime dvds since 2000 so I have lots of singles - I have replaced some with complete collections but lately I have decided to buy multi-disc cases as it's cheaper to just chuck all the empty single cases.

Space is definitely at a premium these days, but I would much rather do something along the lines of mangaman's idea, so that I can keep the cover art.

Did you mean FF:U singles? Have some of those, but never got around to getting the last few volumes. Was mainly using it to try and get some friends into anime as they were FF fans...

There was a big drive to thinpack stuff a few years back - stuff everything in double thinpacks by trimming the covers and back-to-backing them.

devilrules666 said:
Sorry man it's the boxset only! :( sorry i can't be of help

Wait, do you mean that you have the boxset and selling it, already converted your singles to boxset, or have the singles and after the boxset?

Or was that at Shiroi's post?

And then there's the awkward moment when you realise that a lot of the earlier boxsets were just the single DVDs shoved into a cardboard box. I swear it's only recently that companies have stopped doing that.

Joshawott said:
And then there's the awkward moment when you realise that a lot of the earlier boxsets were just the single DVDs shoved into a cardboard box. I swear it's only recently that companies have stopped doing that.
MVM and Beez used to do that. Most of the ADV boxsets are thickpacks.

Joshawott said:
That was the best kind of boxed set! It's bad that they stoped doing it!

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
That was the best kind of boxed set! It's bad that they stoped doing it!
I do like a good brick myself. Just turning my head a few degrees, I can see my Rumbling Hearts, Black Cat, Scryed and Gundam SEED DESTINY Part 1 bricks =D

Hell, I even like the ones where they replace the usual DVD sized cases with thinpacks, so I can still see the singles cover art.

Paradox295 said:
MVM and Beez used to do that. Most of the ADV boxsets are thickpacks.
I remember the first Samurai 7 box set from MVM being thinpacks, likewise for a bunch I didn't get (they are now replacing these with single multi-disc
boxes), and Hellsing from ADV being in a single box way back when MVC was still around.

Joshawott said:
Hell, I even like the ones where they replace the usual DVD sized cases with thinpacks, so I can still see the singles cover art.
This is, I will concede, the actual best form of boxset. I love the decadence of a massive box full of regular sized DVD cases, but... space.

Back