Fruits Basket

kupoartist said:
Ramadahl said:
With Yuki/Kyo I could never see how Tohru could possibly choose either one - making the other one sad wouldn't be like Tohru at all. So I don't think that'll be resolved at the end. There's a picture with her hand-in-hand with the two of them that I saw somewhere, I think that's how it will be.
What is needed is a fourth person, someone who can make Yuki or Kyo equally happy as Tohru can. I can only speak for the anime, but I always thought that Uo-chan and Kyo would be a nice couple, even though I cannot remember a single time when they actually said anything nice to each other! One of Tohru's friends would be ideal of course - someone who can understand Tohru's amazing qualities as well as each of the boys would never get jealous of the special place she undoubtably occupies inside their hearts.
That's something you need to read the manga for; Uo-chans love interest and it's NOT Kyo!!

One thing I remember reading in the FB manga, was one of the manga-ka personal thoughts column, where she mentioned Fruits Basket isn't a romance manga and I get a funny feeling Tohru won't specifically end up with any one of them! There is of course the possibility the manga-ka will have changed her mind about the romance thing, but I personally believe it's going to be what Tohru does for everyone against Akito, rather than a happy "love" ending :wink:

Miaka-chan said:
That's something you need to read the manga for; Uo-chans love interest and it's NOT Kyo!!
Yeah, I can't wait to see how their relationship develops... Will she discover the secret? Will her memories be erased? Will I die of suspense before the series concludes? :wink:

I brought the first volume recently...wow I loved it! Kyo is my favorite! Hes a kitty! I brought the second today but because of limited funds...I cant buy anymore.

Just read volume 11, and man was it good. Tohru and Akito finally had the meeting that the series had been building up to - and OMG Akito! :shock:
It sort of feels now like all the pieces are in place and the series is moving to a new phase. Yuki even says at the start; "...the end...and a new beginning." But how can Tohru break the curse? :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back