Fruits basket!

Garnet

Completely Average High School Student
Awww the cuteness! I fell in love with every character is so sweet ^^ the story does sound a little silly but it really is funny. Only 26 episodes though... Best episode #13! (on the floor scale of hilarity) i only borrowed the dvds though, had to give em back... anyways. Anyone else seen it? I'm sure thats a silly question...

I'm sure youll find quite a few Fruits Basket fans here. It is a wonderful anime and manga in general , something for everyone in it I think.
The mix of humour , and romance along with some truly heartbreakingly sad moments ( I just cry so much in certain episodes of this ) , but all rounded off with a warm fuzzy feeling make for something very special.

Episode 13 ... thats the one Where Mommiji and Hatsuharu start school isnt it?
It certainly has some of the funniest moments in the anime if it is the episode you mean :D .

Last edited by a moderator:
MangaMinX said:
I'm sure youll find quite a few Fruits Basket fans here.
Infact I don't think you'll find anyone here who doesn't like it! (correct me if I'm wrong!!).
I'm totally in love with Kyo and Yuki! I first watched it on a recommendation from a friend about 3 years ago and I've watched it about 6 times now. That's one of the nicest things about Fruits Basket, it is so very rewatchable!!
If anyone has been thinking about getting the plushies, stop thinking and just get them! They are so cute and exceptionally well made :D

Another Fruits Basket fan here (what a surprise); I loved the anime and now I'm starting on the manga. I really want a Kyo plushy, but right now I've got my eye on a .hack plush grunty, so I think it'll have to wait a bit longer.

i have always been meaning to get the dvd's to see what the fuss is about, but iv always been put back by other stuff.... ill prob get a R1 boxset later on.

Ninja Boy! said:
i have always been meaning to get the dvd's to see what the fuss is about, but iv always been put back by other stuff.... ill prob get a R1 boxset later on.

I'm not sure about the R1 DVDs, but the R2 ones have about 6-7 episodes each, so if the US ones are 4-ep is probably better to just collect the UK ones. :)

The number of episodes per disc is the same on both the R1 and R2 releases (4 discs, the first two with 6 eps each, the last two with 7 eps each).

i cried too. only thing i can fault is the opening and the ending theme song. some people might like it, i prefer the more livelier ones, and considering the programme i think there could have been a way better song. but apart from that its so cute ^^ i love shigure he's brilliant :D

I love the fruits basket ost. one myt fav endings and openings so much so i got the friuts basket four season cd and the friuts basket ost cd too

Garnet said:
only thing i can fault is the opening and the ending theme song. some people might like it, i prefer the more livelier ones, and considering the programme i think there could have been a way better song.
I agree with you on that! I can't stand the music (English or Japanese vocals!), I always forward the tracks on on the DVD.

I didn't like the opening and ending at first, but after hearing the music a few times, it grew on me. Just seems right for the tone of the series, imo.

Another Fruit Basket fan here ^_^

I actually really love the opening song a lot and it does somehow fit with the show for me. I think one line in the opening mentions spring being here, and that just reminded me so much of episode 8 (the Hatori episode)
Plus the 'lets stay together itsumo' part really captures the relationship between Tohru,Yuki and Kyo. Well, thats just my opinion anyway...

Shigure is lovely isn't he? *Worships Okiayu Ryoutarou* Hes my favourite character in the show. I love the jokes he makes with Ayame. Them two, just cracks me up.
Another character I love is Momiji. That boy is just so sweet, and after episode 15, I really thought he was such a strong kid.

One of the best thing about Fruit Basket is that it manages to be so cute and funny at times, yet it can get you all emotional all of a sudden. I even brought the first DVD set of it for my friend and she got addicted to it as well.

im not a fan of fruits baskets cos i havnt seen it.
but after some browsing through the web, on the funimation website i cam across this.

this is what the OFFICIAL funimation website said.

"Legend states that if you fold 1000 paper cranes, your wish will be granted. Do you wish for a second season? Would you like to be able to show the creators of this series how much you enjoy it?

Now you'll be able to! At every convention we'll be attending this year, we will have origami paper and instructions so fans can fold paper cranes that we will eventually send to Japan to the creators of Fruits Basket.

Also check our booth at the cons for the times of our Fruits Basket rallies. We encourage all fans of the show and manga to show up in cosplay or even just in your Kyo and Yuki hat for the rally. Bring signs! We'll take a picture of the group and put it online and in our Fruits Basket Scrapbook that will be sent to Japan along with the cranes. Let them know how much you love the series, and who knows ... we might even convince them to do a second season."

candy17 said:
I actually really love the opening song a lot and it does somehow fit with the show for me. I think one line in the opening mentions spring being here, and that just reminded me so much of episode 8 (the Hatori episode)
Plus the 'lets stay together itsumo' part really captures the relationship between Tohru,Yuki and Kyo. Well, thats just my opinion anyway...
I love both the theme songs too, and i think the song word are really very thought out, i think just about every line has great meaning to something in the series, i like the english better than the japanese though.

valha said:
I love the fruits basket ost. one myt fav endings and openings so much so i got the friuts basket four season cd and the friuts basket ost cd too
I was really considering getting some of the Fruits Basket sound tracks, what are they like, which one is best out of the two you have

I like the four seasons CD alot better as it has the full verson of for fruits basket ad the ending song too and alot of other good ones too alot of them song by ritsuko okazaki.

I do quite like Funimation's English song versions ( albeit ive only heard the Fruits Basket and Kiddy Grade ones ) . The English closing to Fruits Basket is really good :D .

Mangaminx said:
I do quite like Funimation's English song versions ( albeit ive only heard the Fruits Basket and Kiddy Grade ones ) . The English closing to Fruits Basket is really good :D .
I like Funimation, theres seems to be a certain quality to what they do.
I really enjoy singing the Fruits Basket songs, the Momiji hot springs one a particular bath time favourite, especially since i almost faint if i fill the bath up too hot

valha said:
I like the four seasons CD alot better as it has the full verson of for fruits basket ad the ending song too and alot of other good ones too alot of them song by ritsuko okazaki.
Thanks for the info, i think i'm going to ask for one of them for my next birthday

Back