Fruits Basket Season 1 Part 1 Review

Sarah

Staff
AUKN Staff
Fruits Basket was one of the most popular shojo anime series ever made – so how does the first part of its brand-new remake match up to the original? Plunge into the mysterious family life of the Soma clan with us and Tohru Honda to find out...

Continue reading...

Nice review. I thought the Japanese VA was fine for Tohru, but definitely agree Yuki and Kyo were very good. I only watched about half an episode of the original in Japanese and found the original VA for Yuki to be a bit off-putting as they used a female VA. That works fine for little boys and Yuki's (I think) supposed to have a little bit of a feminine air to him, especially compared to Kyo, but it was too much.

two 25-episode seasons
I thought there was going to be 63 episodes. So 2 25 episode seasons and a 13 episode Final season.
I couldn't find the post, I think it was just a post of a Tweet so the search function probably didn't work.

I thought there was going to be 63 episodes. So 2 25 episode seasons and a 13 episode Final season.
I couldn't find the post, I think it was just a post of a Tweet so the search function probably didn't work.
It's probably safest if I modify the mention to allow for future expansion on the episode front! 😅 I haven't managed to track down any formal confirmation of the final predicted episode count so far - but if you spot one, I'd be grateful if you could let me know. I'm hoping by the time Manga release Part 2 in February, we'll, have a firmer idea

Back