Free clips of MVM's gay pop star anime Gravitation

CitizenGeek said:
Gemma1412 said:
The dub saddens me, but i suppose nothing can be done about that.

So it's a good idea to avoid the dub, then? I didn't think it was too bad in those clips, but it did seems a little .... plain.

I'll second on avoiding the dub, it's really quite bad IMO.
You're right, it is plain, and it pretty much stays the same throughout, and with everyone if I remember correctly.
Anyway, yes, I'd definetly watch it subbed, it's so much better.

In regards to Gravitation, I do prefer the manga much more (until near the end where I think the author was just kind of losing her humor and such that first drew me in ..), though I don't think the anime is too bad, it's not one of my favourites though.

CitizenGeek said:
Gemma1412 said:
The dub saddens me, but i suppose nothing can be done about that.

So it's a good idea to avoid the dub, then? I didn't think it was too bad in those clips, but it did seems a little .... plain.

The dub isn't that bad. It could have been worse... like Higurashi. D<

Shuichi sounds pretty much what I expected him to sound like in English - a bit whiny and irritating, but sweet, and cute as a button.

One thing I don't understand though, is that.... OK, this is Ryuichi Sakuma. Who's absolutely adorable.

ryuichi14.jpg

That thing on top of his head, is called Kumagoro.

Kumagoro%20-%20Large.jpg

And, although Kumagoro is a really really sweet name, they changed it in the dub to.... Mr. Bear. o_O I understand that 'Kuma' is bear, but, why....? TT_TT

Vinnie said:

If I wasn't already sold on the series, this picture sealed the deal! :]

I wonder if it'll be successful in the UK? Obviously, it must have done well in the US, 'else it wouldn't be getting a release over here, right?

CitizenGeek said:
Vinnie said:

If I wasn't already sold on the series, this picture sealed the deal! :]

I wonder if it'll be successful in the UK? Obviously, it must have done well in the US, 'else it wouldn't be getting a release over here, right?

Well, I remember hearing from the guy from Tokyopop (who did our local manga event in Taunton Waterstones) that Gravitation (the manga) sells quite well in the UK. They even brought out the spin-off manga series (Gravitation EX) over here first, so I've heard.

I'll do a basic little plot summary, I suppose, just to see if you'll like it. ^_^

Shuichi Shindou, a whiny, but hyperactive singer is desperate for his band, Bad Luck, to make it in the big leagues, but he's hit a slump. He can't write lyrics and keeps beating himself up over this fact... Then one night he takes a stroll through the park and angrily throws the lyrics he's composed over his shoulder, (a-la Sailor Moon), and... we meet Yuki. Yuki looks at the lyrics and tells him that he has no talent whatsoever, which leaves Shuichi in even MORE of a slump. xD Shuichi then becomes obsessed with going to find Yuki so that he can make him apologise, but Hiro, Shuichi's best friend, thinks that his obsesion is actually all in the name of love. And then Shuichi finds Yuki by, wait for it..... randomly jumping out in front of his car. "Hey, brat, if you want to kill yourself.... Throw yourself in front of someone else's car."

I think I like Gravi because... well, not only is it a healthy dosage of shonen-ai, which a teenage girl (like moi) needs, but... I generally love couples where you think they would never work in a million years. Also, the title's quite symbolic; I only realised it about a few months ago. Gravitation, the forces of gravity.... always being attracted to each other... Because, I mean, Yuki and Shuichi split up quite alot in the manga, but they always end up back together again.

(By the way, I giggled when my Physics teacher gave us a whole lesson on gravitation, as in the scientific phenomenon. :p

Back