Forum won't remember my details.

Nemphtis

Hunter
Too lazy to check if this has been previously pointed out but it’s really annoying me each time it happens and I want to know if it’s just my computer or something. Every time I log in and check the “remember my name and passwordâ€

Maybe you've set your cookies to be erased automatically after 24 hours?

My friend does that, although I can't understand why; seems like more of a hinderence to be honest. >_>

nah it's something to do with the forum, i've mentioned it many a time to paul, unfortunatly we don't know what it is, so best bet is to try live with it

Well, this doesn't effect me or many others, so I do think it's something to do with cookies.

In Firefox, go to: Options > Privacy > Show Cookies

Scroll down to "forums.animeuknews.net" - you should have three cookies in there.

Do you both have virus scanners? If so, which software? Can you log-in using IE and does it remember? I don't think there is anything wrong with the software (after all, phpBB is being used by millions), rather it's just a quirk certain set-ups.

Ryo Chan said:
actually just looked at my cookies and i only have 2

user_details and Es_counted

That will be because you're looking at "animeuknews.net" - like I said, go to "forums.animeuknews.net" - if it's not in the list, then obviously, there aren't any cookies being set.

ah have 3 there.

as to the other questions, no i don't use virus scanner and yes IE remembers it

definatly not phpbb cause i visit many forums from phpbb, to vBulletin and have never had this problem

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Whoa, that's so weird. I saw your post and then when I posted it was below mine. o_O
I saw that too, I kept looking for your post cause it said you'd posted, but mine was the last one. Wierd.

Happening to me to, it remembers my details but wont sign in automaticly, if i click log on my username and password is there but evan if i press the auto log on tab i have to go through the log in everytime, weird 8)

Back