Forgotten About Animes

Guyver 0 said:
Anyone seen Madox 01? Where a boy gets stuck in a robot

Is that the one where he ends going on a date despite being inside a massive suit of armour or something?

The title rings a bell so I'm guessing it was one of those shown either on Channel 4 in the 90s or the Sci-Fi Channel in 2000.

Battle of the Planets - I used to love that when it was on at the weekends when I was a kid. I'ts aged a bit now though. *Breet beeb bup* - Keyop, what a pillock. lol

Bubblegum Crisis 2032 - The original. No one seems to mention this anymore.

El-Hazzard - Strange but quite good.

Urusai Yatsura - Who can forget Lum's Tiger skin bikini?

There were loads but i'll be a monkey's uncle if I can remember any more of them though. :(

When it did show, Monster Rancher was the one i used to see, i did see medabots once or twice and i remember watchin sailor moon as well every so often on the TV..that was about all i saw at that time

Gasaraki- Realistic mecha designs, complex political thriller plot and all the mystical smeg you need. Little slow in places, and main charactes are a bit withdrawn, but good none the less.
There was also a show on channel 5 about 5yrs ago about 2 highschool girls transported to a world of few inch high people.
Also agree with El-hazard, one of the only harem series where the bloke actually choses someone.

hopeful_monster said:
Gasaraki- Realistic mecha designs, complex political thriller plot and all the mystical smeg you need. Little slow in places, and main charactes are a bit withdrawn, but good none the less.

I endorse this absolutely! :)

I bought this series because at the time I was talking to a friend of my brothers and was saying how much I enjoyed the first two Patlabor films and she recommended this (she was Japanese by the way).

I don't regret it. :)

Teknoman, now who doesn't love this?

I do remember Shinzo, go go Mushrambo!

Medabots isn't that old, my younger brother owns the damn DVD's I think.

Now, for a classic - what about Mobile Suit Gundam, the original? Any Gundam fan MUST see this. Who can forget the shouts of...

"CHAR!"

"IT'S... THE GUNDAM! (Add OMFG WTF BBQ!!!????1111 in here.)"

Kira said:
Teknoman, now who doesn't love this?.

Now, for a classic - what about Mobile Suit Gundam, the original? Any Gundam fan MUST see this. Who can forget the shouts of...

"CHAR!"

Technoman Ahh takes me back, the first program I ever watched on Fox Kids when it started up. :)

Mobile Suit Gundam, the original I've got the 3 books based on the series but i've always been gutted that I was never able to see the series itself. :( I was hoping they'd have released it on DVD by now.

Don't think it'll ever be out on DVD. As far as I recall, a few of the episodes may be lost forever as the original Japanese masters DISINTEGRATED.

I ended up downloading all of MSG, I'll buy it if and when it ever comes out.

Everyday after school I used to watch Medabots and Monster Rancher that was cool.
I can't belive I used to watch Cardcaptors, at that time I didn't know what Shojo was.
I can also remember the Tenchi series on Cartoon Network, they were really funny.

Gundam Wing was an obsession.
Although I still think it has one of the greatest opening episodes ever,
and the best character/Gundam combo in Duo Maxwell and Deathscythe,
it's not the be-all and end-all once you've got some of the Univeral Century stuff under your viewing belt.

Kira said:
Don't think it'll ever be out on DVD. As far as I recall, a few of the episodes may be lost forever as the original Japanese masters DISINTEGRATED.

I ended up downloading all of MSG, I'll buy it if and when it ever comes out.

Good for you to declare your piracy openly. Its against the rules for this board.

Japanese MSG 0079 is finally coming out this Xmas.
http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-videos/pid-1004194001/

Its been out on VCD for a while too.

Am showing my age, but i remenber watching.....

Speed Racer (japanese title: Mach Go Go Go). It Rocked

Go Speed Racer only you can beat the mysterious Racer X :D :D

EasyKill said:
Am showing my age, but i remenber watching.....

Speed Racer (japanese title: Mach Go Go Go). It Rocked

Go Speed Racer only you can beat the mysterious Racer X :D :D

Ah man I loved that series, do you remember a series called Pole Position about race car driving bro and sis who have cars than can hover

I remenber that it was support to be based on the Atari videogame of the name.

Great show, but only ran for 13 episodes :(

Pole Position Oh my god! I remember that. The talking-hovering-hydrofoiling-crimefighting-racingcar team. :) Almost as good as Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Tasker said:
Pole Position Oh my god! I remember that. The talking-hovering-hydrofoiling-crimefighting-racingcar team. :) Almost as good as Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.

Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. was amazing

Back