Fist of the North Star

Semajer

Brigade Leader
Can someone please give me a list of all the FotNS UK releases please? I've done a bit of research, but I want to see if I have missed any.

Also have anyone else seen any of FotNS, is it any good and what about the live action film I've heard is terrible, what are your opinions?

And I've read that it is shown on some UK tv channels, is this still the case and what channels show it and when?

No UK channels show it at the moment. None are liable to show the original series but keep an eye on Propeller, which has a slot for The Anime Network, which may show the new one at some point. I think Channel 4 showed some of the original Fist of the North Star many, many years ago but does not do so now.

Here's what I know from the very beginning (geek/fanboy alert!):

Original Movie only had a VHS release, never came out on DVD which is a real shame.

The TV series had a run on Channel 4. There were 7 VHS volumes released which got up to about episode 20. The only DVD release was a box of 36 episodes and as mentioned by other posters went out of production a while ago (it goes for a pretty penny on ebay these days as it's fairly hard to get hold of).

ADV released the new 3-part OVA over 3 DVDs, and then more recently in a collection.

That's about it. The original TV series was much longer but never got translated, there's also a second TV series which isn't quite a old. No news on the new movies or OVAs coming out over here either. :cry:

(and just for completeness Viz released 4 volumes of the manga before throwing in the towel, and the live-action film's not so awful if you're up for a laugh - find it cheap!)

I'd like to get my hands on Manga's Fist of the North Star DVD collection, but it's pretty rare and expensive now :[

Anyone know how many episodes is in Manga's release?

CitizenGeek said:
30 episodes, and I was planning to buy the boxset years ago from MVC, but then it closed shortly after, was gutted. =/

Too bad, considering FotNS has one of the most epic opening songs, ever.

I managed to get all of the DVDs, does anyone know if the Manga boxset was supposed to come in a card case or something? I just got the DVD cases.

A picture of this thing, if it exists, would be great.

Lupus Inu said:
CitizenGeek said:
30 episodes, and I was planning to buy the boxset years ago from MVC, but then it closed shortly after, was gutted. =/
It was 6 DVDs with 6 episodes on each = 36 eps in total. :D

Semajer said:
I managed to get all of the DVDs, does anyone know if the Manga boxset was supposed to come in a card case or something? I just got the DVD cases.

A picture of this thing, if it exists, would be great.
It was originally in a cardboard case which was really flimsy:
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/ ... istBox.jpg

I was lucky to get a copy of the original series [Manga Boxset] from E-Bay about 2 years ago. If in doubt E-bay It

Now all that is needed is for someone from a major manga to release the manga books

DaNiMe-sama said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2006-01-31/manga-entertainment-expired-licenses <---- The license is expired anyway.
Well it's not entirely surprising that this happened, considering how GOD DAMN LONG it took for them to get their arses into gear and release the show on DVD, or VHS for that matter!!

I's p*ssed about the series license not being renewed, it was one of the few Manga Entertainment releases that I was really enjoying, but now it gone.... bluddy muppets!!

Back