First album you bought

Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:
Maltos said:
Spyro201 said:
However, the first good album that I bought (that I actually listened all the way through) was Red Hot Chili Peppers - Live Hyde Park

Still a phenominal album :)
I remember seeing them in the Millenium Stadium on that tour. It was epic.
I've been waiting to see them live since Stadium Arcadium. I never saw them on that tour, and I regret it so bad.

I took me a few hours, continually phoning and waiting in line on the phone, to get tickets.
Hope you get to see them mate, they're great live.

Yeah- I'm still waiting lol.

Lazy assholes need to hurry up.

Spyro201 said:
Yeah- I'm still waiting lol.

Lazy assholes need to hurry up.

Hahaha, it may be a while; John Frusciante has been working with this guy recently.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUfB_dxiOLY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tUfB_dxiOLY&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[Might I add, possibly the best fan made music video ever.]

It must have been either Blaze of Glory from Jon Bon Jovi or Information Society's think. Yeah, I know. Weird choices. But the first one to make me go crazy was Nirvana's nevermind, hortly followed by the Metallica's black album.

Rui said:
Cereal Killer by Green Jellÿ, I believe.
When I thought you couldn't possibly impress me any further, you unbury Green Jellÿ!!! I still have Electric harley house of love as a favourite in my iPod.
They reunited last year, in case you still care:
http://www.myspace.com/greenjelly

Yagami said:
Mine was either one of these:

Rolling Stones - Fourty Licks (still love this)
The Clash - London Calling (this is still great, too)
Dr Dre - The Chronic
The Offspring - Americana
Two strong classic rock albums, on "modern punk" album and a rap album. That's eclectic =)

Deep Purple in Rock when I was about 11 or 12, which would also have been the first CD in our house. Prior to that I listened to my parents records a lot (one of which happened to be 24 Carat Purple) which I like to think stopped me ever getting into crappy manufactured pop bands as a kid... but also probably helped shape my future as a social outcast. It was still worth it though. :p

ayase said:
Deep Purple in Rock when I was about 11 or 12, which would also have been the first CD in our house. Prior to that I listened to my parents records a lot (one of which happened to be 24 Carat Purple) which I like to think stopped me ever getting into crappy manufactured pop bands as a kid... but also probably helped shape my future as a social outcast. It was still worth it though. :p

I was brought up listening to Pink Floyd. My dad used to play it all the time. No lies- After my obvious first words (Mom, Dad, and my brother and sisters names and some basic words), the words I learnt next? The names of all the Pink Floyd band members. I didn't belive it till I got shown a video tape where my Dad would go "Who's that" to which I reply "Roger Waters".

Then when I learnt to talk I got taught the lyrics. Yeh- I got shown a tape of me naming all the band members; then singing the chorus to "Money" (It was on the TV. Dad was playing the live concert video he had
again).

After all this effort- I couldn't ever like modern ****.

Apparently it was Michael Jackson - Dangerous. Though I was too young to actually remember so I will have to take my parents word for it.

Charter_Mage said:
Apparently it was Michael Jackson - Dangerous. Though I was too young to actually remember so I will have to take my parents word for it.

same here hehe, i remember loving that album, my parents got it me though too.

I think the first album I personally bought myself would be Fatboy Slim's 'You've come a long way baby' on cassette.

Back