Finally watched all of Serial Experiments Lain

Warmaster

Great Teacher
It took me long enough, but at last i've got to the end of this series by ABe.

Well it certainly twisted my mind around more than just about anything i have ever watched, with the possible exception of Paranoia Agent, though i think that dealt with more internal issues, where as this dealt with more universal things.

And to be quite honest, i didn't understand most of it! :p Then again, i expected to have to watch this through several times before i understood ANY of it, so i must be doing well :p

I'm not rating it quite as high as Haibane Renmei, but thats comparing the imaculate with the merely amazing. I always like to have Anime make me think, and in this case i believe it succeded admirably.

For some reason i couldn't help thinking of the roman emperor Vespasian's last words "oh I think i'm becoming a god" which with hindsight are completely apt! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh this was my first ever fansub.. the memories :)

It's more than a little confusing isn't it, glad I watched it, it was certainly interesting, as well as challenging!

Gotta love that opening song

RichB06 said:
Ooh this was my first ever fansub.. the memories :)

It's more than a little confusing isn't it, glad I watched it, it was certainly interesting, as well as challenging!

Gotta love that opening song

I wasn't too hot on the theme tune, though the incidental music was always of a very high quality.

I loved the opening theme music Duvet myself so much so I went an bought both of the BOA albums an im happy I did its great music an a great band :D

Warmaster said:
For some reason i couldn't help thinking of the roman emperor Vespasian's last words "oh I think i'm becoming a god" which with hindsight are completely apt! :p
:lol:

Great series, I definitely recommend watching it a second time to spot all the clues you missed... although if you're perceptive enough to start thinking of quotes like that, maybe you didn't miss anything :shock: :wink:.

A great series with some heavy symbolism and philosophical messages that you could spend forever analysing. That should be enough of a recommendation :)
A lot of people who I've shown it to were a little (well... very) confused by the plot and the metaphors, but I personally am fond of Lain.

Lain is my favourite anime. I loved everything about it including the theme tune. It was simply amazing. You definatly have to watch it at least one more time.

Ramadahl said:
Warmaster said:
:lol:

Great series, I definitely recommend watching it a second time to spot all the clues you missed... although if you're perceptive enough to start thinking of quotes like that, maybe you didn't miss anything :shock: :wink:.

Well that one only came to mind because i did Classics at college :p I'm sure there is loads of stuff i've missed - i've watched Haibane Renmei god knows how many times now and keep picking new stuff up, and Lain is even more of a brain killer!

Back