Final Fantasy VII Advent Children

Bluedragon

Brigade Leader
Just got this deliverd from japan today watched it with english subs (kinda annyoing but ya get used to it) and i really thought this was an awsome film kinda hard to grasp if ya never played FFVII but they did a good job of explaing things to newcomers.

I gotta say i like this film alot more than the spirts withing cuz this one actualy feels like a final fantasy movie just wanna know what you guys think and ive youve even heard of this film??

iknow the behamut scene was awsome just think guys your looking at FF on the ps3.lol

dude you really should watch it much better than that other excuse for a final fantasy film.lol

I got advent children a few months ago and loved it! When i went to stay with my friend for a week, I took it with me and we watched it about three times a day! We went advent children mad ^_^

When we went shopping, we were walking along chatting when suddenly my friend screamed and nearlly pushed me over! I found out afterwards that she had thought this person dressed up as santa was Sephiroth, lol

Yeah, I loved it, and the fight scenes rocked etc. But, despite the film being a whole lot better than The Spirits Within, having waited so long, I was expecting a little more substance from the movie. To me, the plot was lost amongst the endless stream of motorbike bouts and fighting, which I loved, don't get me wrong, but... I was expecting a more well thought out plot.

Never-the-less, I'd love to see them do something with FFVIII now, but knowing them, it'll take another six years before we see anything Final Fantasy on dvd again...

I agree a lil' bit with Neon-Noir about the plot, but I think the gem of a storyline that was in the game more than makes up for it and the film's just a novelty to make 19 year old blokes more excited than they should be in public. :)

Still, I absolutely LOVED this film. I don't usually pay much attention to music in films, but it was spot on in Advent Children (the bit after Tifa beats up that guy and the ringtone goes off - stroke of genius!!!)

On rewatching it, I didn;t think it was that good. I see the importance of developing characters, and only Cloud n Tifa seem to get developement. Cid and Barret n co jus seemed chucked in for the hell of it. I still wub it though, coz im a die hard FFVII fan. And Advent Pieces cost me a fortune, so im still determined to love it!

yeah the ringtone bit was awsome when i watched that i was happy being a FF fan cuz my bro and his mate watched it aswell they had no idea what it was (can you belive it they have never played any FF game)

id love to see FFX inot a film just kinda got that feel to it for me cuz altho there is alot of fighting it seems more stroy driven like between tidus and yuna

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is the biggest pile of non-coherent fanservice-lead crap i've ever had the misfortune to... err... download.

http://acsummary.ytmnd.com/

Save yourself the money: click the link above and get the full, paper-thin plot, completely explained with one animated gif and an ironic music file.

Normally I would defend Final Fantasy, but kupoartist is right, and despite my loving it, it's only because it's an excuse to roll out Cloud and the gang for another trip round Midgar... I guess, I just never wanted that game to end... O Aeris, why couldn't I have done more?

*cries*

Lol. I was reading vol. 2 of Fruits Basket and in one of her narration blogs Natsuki Takaya says that FFVII was the first game that made her cry. She put me in the mood for playing Final Fantasy, so I bought an' old playstation for £9.99, ordered VIII off the net and got ready to play... the only thing is that the playstation I bought is... how do I word it?... f*cked... and so I can't play it right now... O well...

Neon-Noir said:
Lol. I was reading vol. 2 of Fruits Basket and in one of her narration blogs Natsuki Takaya says that FFVII was the first game that made her cry. She put me in the mood for playing Final Fantasy, so I bought an' old playstation for £9.99, ordered VIII off the net and got ready to play... the only thing is that the playstation I bought is... how do I word it?... f*cked... and so I can't play it right now... O well...
You could try running it through a Playstation emulator like ePSXe if your PC is up to it.

Bluedragon said:
id love to see FFX inot a film just kinda got that feel to it for me cuz altho there is alot of fighting it seems more stroy driven like between tidus and yuna

Yeah, I thought that'd be a good idea, but they kinda already done a sequel with X-2, and that wasn't too popular with many people (I liked it though)

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to contradict the game by bringing Tidus back

Last edited by a moderator:
hey i loved ff x-2 yeah the game wasnt widley appreciated but the best games normaly arent.lol its all down to personal prefrence

maybe the film could be call FF X -3 the final summoning

Back