Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
Anyone else playing this remake of the 1997 classic?

So far, I've played about 4 hours of it, but I'm still only at Dorneto (or whatever it's called, the place near the desert). I really love it so far, though it's definitely a difficult game. However, I think it balances challenge well, much like all Final Fantasy games.

I love the music (Hitoshi Sakimoto is a fantastic composer, and a worthy 'replacement' for Nobuo Uematsu). The Shakespearean script is awesome, too!

What do you think?

It's obviously just another generic sellout by Square Enix to rake in the money. >_>

Naw, it looks decent, certainly better than the Advance Tatic Wars, IT ALSO HAS CLOUD AS A SECRET UNLOCKABLE CHARACTER, OMFG. ^___^ But that's on the PS version, not sure about the PSP. lol.

Lupus Inu said:
It's obviously just another generic sellout by Square Enix to rake in the money. >_>

Well, d'uh. Apparently, that's all Square Enix does these days!

:p

Naw, it looks decent, certainly better than the Advance Tatic Wars, IT ALSO HAS CLOUD AS A SECRET UNLOCKABLE CHARACTER, OMFG. ^___^ But that's on the PS version, not sure about the PSP. lol.

I'm pretty sure he's in the PSP version, too. Plus, they added Balthier and the main character from FFTA2, too! ^__^

Not played too much of it, but i enjoyed what i did. Strategy games being a favourite of mine so it certainly added to my liking for the game. I've only really started chapter 2 of the game, it took me ages to complete the final level of the first chapter, was really annoying, but got it done in the end. Cloud is still in it as well, remeber being told about it before, but it wasn't a big surprise nor does it really bother me.

My flatmate has it. I spent a good couple of hours swearing at him for having a team that sucks, in the first chapter, but I got them on the road to greatness with some solid leveling, and I didn't ruin most of the plot for him.

Not sure about the 'shakespearean' dialogue thing. Whilst anywhere is up from the rushed job that was done on the Western PSOne release ("I got a good feeling!"), it just seems a little silly to me.

kupoartist said:
Not sure about the 'shakespearean' dialogue thing. Whilst anywhere is up from the rushed job that was done on the Western PSOne release ("I got a good feeling!"), it just seems a little silly to me.

Not really, I think that way of speaking works well for Ivalice. The script was Shakespearean-lite in FFXII and Vagrant Story, too!

It was £12.99 at Play so I bought a copy of this game for all of my gamer friends to enjoy. I also have a copy for myself of course, but I'm knee-deep in video games right now so Tactics will have to wait a month or two before I get around to playing it. I did give it a quick spin just to get a taste of what it's like however. The cutscenes seem to be quite interesting, but I have a strong feeling that aside from the storyline, I'll probably prefer playing Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness over Final Fantasy Tactics. This is mainly because the humour and combat are more tuned to my taste. It's worth saying that Tactics seems to have aged a lot better than most other games that receive this treatment.

Back