Film4 - Studio Ghibli Season 26th March - 13th April 2013

Random

Dandy Guy, in Space
As the title says.

Link

I'd guess most here have seen them but it's notable that they're showing everything from The Little Norse Prince up to Arrietty.

Couldn't see a TV anime thread. If there is one then please move as needed.

Re: Film4 - Studio Ghibli Season 26th March - 13th April 201

I haven't seen The Little Norse Prince, Only Yesterday or Ocean Waves yet. Unfortunately, I'll be at work when all three of them are on.

Joshawott said:
I haven't seen The Little Norse Prince, Only Yesterday or Ocean Waves yet. Unfortunately, I'll be at work when all three of them are on.

Same here

Sky plus to the rescue

Are Film 4 good when it comes to adverts interruptions?

I'm not sure if I've actually seen anything by Studio Ghibli so I will definitely check them out. Dubs or Subs?.

Spirited Away: Subbed
Princess Mononoke: Subbed
The Cat Returns: Subbed
Porco Rosso: Subbed
Kiki's Delivery service: Subbed

Can't view the rest of the listings online at the moment.

Oh the joy! My Sky+HD box will be be at full steam during that fortnight. You can add "Only Yesterday" and "Ocean waves" to that sub list as they were never dubbed. "Only Yesterday" is the only subbed anime to ever turn me into a blubbering mess of joyful happyness, a full box of tissues is strongly recommended.

Also I believe The Little Norse Prince never got a Dub, so that would be a subbed title.

Kite said:
Also I believe The Little Norse Prince never got a Dub, so that would be a subbed title.

Just checked on Amazon and the DVD states Japanese under Language, no sign of any English audio, so you are right :wink:

Kite said:
Joshawott said:

Same here

Sky plus to the rescue

Are Film 4 good when it comes to adverts interruptions?
Shame I no longer have Sky+

Just dug out my PlayTV box which still has all the recordings from Ghibli Season 2011 on there, I also managed to nab a recording of Howl's Moving Castle on BBC TWO from February 2012 as well it seems, just checking what I got has recorded properly and finding things I don't have now...

Time for some jocund slander.

R8qw4B7.jpg

This excites me, thoroughly.

There's so many Ghibli films I have yet to see so this will tick a lot off! My bf isn't really an anime fan but he enjoyed Arriety so I'm hoping he shares this "experience" with me. My Mum has a dvd recorder so I'll be getting her to record these for me whilst I watch them at my house :D

Have never seen "Graves of the Fireflies," so this will be a profound opportunity at last. Also interested in "Only Yesterday," "Arriety" and "My Neighbour Totoro," so I'll have Mohawk's situation too. (I'll probably watch some more, but they're the highlights of the season for me.)

*Sigh* Ghibli again Film4?
Kite said:
Well, it did get a dub by MGM many years ago, using the same voice actors as Astro Boy, Kimba, Gigantor (Tetsujin 28) and Speed Racer, it just wasn't put on the DVD over here, either for rights reasons or possibly cuts. It's up on the US Netflix for streaming and Hulu with the dub for those curious (it's a bit crap though).

:I I'd really wish we could move on to something that isn't Ghibli. How about Akira? Or Girl Who Leapt THough Time?

This is like eating a bunch of rich chocolate gateau, it sounds like a good idea coming in, it won't coming out.

What time do they air though? In the past, whenever I have seen a Ghibli film on tv, it has been on late at night or early morning between 2 and 4.

All the airing times with the exception of Nausicaa's are now up on the OP's link. Most seems to be mid-afternoon to early evening, but there a few on earlier.

ConanThe3rd said:
:I I'd really wish we could move on to something that isn't Ghibli. How about Akira? Or Girl Who Leapt THough Time?

They showed Summer Wars and that didn't get many views, perhaps this time it will be different as they aren't just showing a one off movie at a stupid time with no prior promotion.

Let's hope these showings will get them the figures they want and they take more risks/we get new anime fans.

Back