Favourite/worst game ending.

Hokum

Straw Hat Pirate
What game which your favourite/worst ending in a game?

I'll start with:
Favourite:
Final Fantasy 8, Though not my favourite game, the ending seemed spot on. Long animation, nice music, and gave you a nice warm glow.

Worst:
Medal of Honor Allied Assault, What ending?

My favourite is the ending to Simon the Sorcerer II. He got his **** kicked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Favourite: Final fantasy 8 why because of the same reason as Hokum

Worst: Probably final fantasy 10 dont realy know why the ending just realy narked me

fav ending - Encharted Arms good version,

worst ending - Encharted Arms bad version,

if youve played this game you know what im talking about 8)

Final Fantasy 8 definatly!
Project zero 2 crimson butterfly, that ending theme was beautiful!
...KINGDOM HEARTS 1 &2
Come on you knew it was coming.

Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Dino Crisis II
Resident Evil: REmake, good endings.

Dunno about bad though.

Halo 2 is my worst, pain in the **** cliffhangers. FF8 is one of my top but I can barely remember it, I do remember that game was amazing though. Loved the story and end of Resistance: fall of man

FF8's ending is amazing it had me in tears when the credits ended, absolutely brilliant.

FF10 is also one of my fave endings as the twist is brilliant, very cool way to finish a game

Any game that just ends, with no summing up and no sense of completion, I guess Half Life and HL2 fall into this category as they both seem to just end.

Yeah, I have to agree that FFVIII's ending is probably the best. Though I hated FFVIII's boring battle system, I absolutely loved the story and the ending is just reall fantastic!

FFX's ending is really bittersweet and had me on the verge of tears! FFVII's ending is powerful and I love FFXII's ending too!

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2 and 3 all had great endings also and, of course, Ico's ending was superb!

Favourite Ending...

Chrono Trigger - The Developer's ending, it was hillarious. Especially when Enji Naka said " Congratulation on finishing the game, now get a life" XD.

Final Fantasy X - A worthy ending, and possibly nearly made me cry

Final Fantasy VII - Maybe not as Heartwarming or breath taking as other Games I played... But easily still favoured.

Shadow Hearts : Covenant - The Good Ending - I prefered this over the Bad Ending, because I liked to see Yuri died as it made him happy to be with Alice again.

Worst Endings

Star Ocean - The Destruction of the universe was easily likable, but after that. It just went donwhill, all the Characters didn't add any oomph to the ending. Should've left it at the Destruction of the Universe and ended.

Halo 2 - Worst ending ever, enough said

To shades:
Enchanted arms, good ending...

It was ok, but i had hoped for a little more resolution, like between Atsuma and Karin... i mean GET IT ON FFS ;)

I mention this as i finally completed the game last week
though it took OMEGA to do it!

These are IMO good Games but the Endings were bad.

Rip off Endings:

GTA 3, GTA San Andreas, GTA LCS, Saints Row

Bad Endings:

TMNT, Transformers [minicon game], POTC At Worlds End, Tony Hawks American Wasteland

Average Endings:

GITS:SAC, Gungrave Overdose, Megaman NT Warrior

Good Endings:

GoW, Half Life, GTA Vice City, GH2, DMC3

Fantastic Endings:

FFX

Favourıte endıng was Fable because:

Story-wıse the endıng was lame but the game dıd somethıng that most RPG endıngs don't do - ıt allows you to contınue playıng after you've fınıshed the game. What makes thıs a good endıng ıs the fact that based on your decısıons ın the game, you can see how you saved the world, or destroyed ıt, by travellıng around ıt lıke you normally would. Now that ıs an endıng worth mentıonıng.

Worst endıng was Halo 2 because:

Yeah! I'm goıng to kıck some Covenant ass! Yeah! I'm steamıng and ready to go, cocked my shotgun, stacked up my grenades and got my beer! Hoo-Rah! What the F%&K?! Why are there credıts?! Noooooooooooooooo!

Final Fantasy VII, the best ending methinks ;D[BEST]

Harry Potter Games, after all that effing hassle you go through to complete it and...just...nothing >< [PHAIL]

Back