Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sports

• Strategy

• Total voters

Red XIII

Straw Hat Pirate
From IRC and other threads around here, I know there are plenty of gamers on the forums- but what is your favourite game genre? For me, it has to be RPGs, I love saving some fantasy world from destruction and planning the best combination of moves/equipment to annihilate some giant, deadly dragon. Platformers would probably be second (fond memories of old platform games on PC and newer titles such as Ratchet and Clank).

I also like the odd puzzle, strategy or action game, even though I usually get stuck on the harder levels. Mostly I like stuff with a fantasy setting though- sports games, racing games, and most stealth-type games don't really interest me, especially as I'm pretty useless at them.

RPGs for me too. For hours I can play an RPG without even moving (well I move my fingers). There're so many great RPG series too, mostly SquareSoft made games though. ^_^

I'd have to pick Strategy for my second favourite though. I used to play games like Sim City, Ceaser, Populous and others all the time. They're fun. ^_^

I like my RPG's the most , but I also have enjoyed a few beat em ups and first person shooters on rare occasions. Sports and racing games hold no appeal to me though.

RPGs for me of course, I love the genre and I play more RPGs than all my other games put together. I also play some action games and platformers, and some stratergy. Plus, a bit of first-person shooting never goes amiss.

Online I'll play RPGs and CS:S, although I far prefer offline RPGs for the plot and character development.

I went for Action/Adventure, although i love Platformers too.
I've always wanted to like RPG's because their graphics are usually so beautiful but i find the fights very repetitive, it seems impossible to use any skill in combo's and technique etc to get out of a battle unharmed.
I'm always hoping for a game with the kind of graphics and fantasy storyline you get in an RPG, but with the kind of game play you have in games such as Devil May Cry and Prince of Pursia

Obligatory "where is" entry into a thread with a poll:

"Uhh! Where are First Person Shooters?!"

I refuse to call them action adventures, and i'm sure that most true Action Adventure fans would refuse to FPS, AAs.

Aside from the superficial "ooh! you shoots stuff" appeal of FPS games (and tbh, i'm not all that bothered about the shooting side... Unless by "shooting" you mean "launching a toilet at people and killing them instantly" which never grows old *ahem*), I think FPS games are the games which require the purest ammount of skill, especially online. Unlike Strategy games which are really hard for developers to balance, FPS games are just about you, your aim and your opponents aim. (And jumping around like you've eaten all the Blue Smarties if you're playing UT)

I used to like RPGs loads, but I got sick of the fact that RPGs play you more than you play them (Progress Quest!). Platformers were great... in their day. Sadly, 3D platformers are predominantly crap and the genre is all but dead. Puzzle games are fun. Not a favorite, but i'm always happy to pick up and play them when i've just got a few minutes of game-time to spare. Sports and Racing games have never appealed. Well, except back when I was a little kid trying to be all conformist. Stupid cromosones...

Wait a minute, I shoot things for fun don't I? ^^[/url]

kupoartist said:
Obligatory "where is" entry into a thread with a poll:

Yes, well I did have an 'other' option for the genres I would inevitably forget but for some reason everything started moving very slowly and it didn't submit. Sorry about that...

Oh... I think it's safe to say that I love my Fighting game... so Action/Adventure get's my vote.

They litterally kick a**

My fave game at the moment is "StarWars: Battlefront" on the PS2.
I'm into those, run around and kill everything that moves, games. Like the Hitman and Medal of Honour series.
I used to like FF7, which is one of the best games ever, but FF8 pisses me off :evil: You spend AGES wandering around collecting stuff only to be killed by some knobhead in one stroke! I haven't been so pissed off at a game ever! Similar to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES with those irritating underwater levels :x

One of my all time favourites has to be Bionic Commando on the NES, or Festers Quest.

no genres just a game series, the final fantasey series that is, the best game series of all time, so that would be an RPG but there should still be a final fantasy genre on that list :)

I play a huge variety of games ranging from simple shooters and beat-em ups to RTSs and sweeping, epic PRGs, I love anime inspired titles like MGS and Tales Of Symphonia (my current addiction) and would certainly rank RPGs such as FF7, FF9 and Shenmue as my all time faves.

Some old favourites include: Gunstar Heroes, Rolling Thunder and Chrono Cross.

I think its easier to say which genres that I don't like rather than the other way round.

I dislike Flight Simulators and Racing Simulations mainly. There are some sports that I don't like so on default I don't like them (though the opposite can be applied on the sports I do like).

If I had to pick some genres that more often than not give me, or have given me, great gaming experiences it has to be Survival Horror, RPGs, First & Third Person Perspectives and 3D platformers. :)

I like any game with a good story and gameplay that will be worth the money it costs, and usually they are RPG's, but I do like all sorts of games ^_^

I'm kinda torn when it comes to my favourite type of game I love RPG's especially the Final Fantasy's. But when it comes to racing nothing beats the Need For Speed games, basically cause you not only race but mod the cars out too.

Back