Favourite Site/TV show/Magazine/other for Game Reviews

Ammish

Stand User
Do you have any particular favourite for a review of any in the title?

I do, as my favourite place for reading reviews is Gamecentral on ITV. Why? Because they are never afraid to express their thoughts when it comes to gaming. It seems that when an excellent game I buy that is raved about all comes down to... not really good. I always look at the reviews everywhere, they all seem to give them high score. With GameCentral, they always seem to tell the truth, and give a score the game deserve. And plus GC is like... the only review place where they don't get bribed (the disaster with Gamespot, remember?)

So what are your favourite?

Edge Magazine & Destructoid.com are the two sites I take most seriously when it comes to reviews. However I never depend on a single writer's opinion when deciding on the purchase of a product, so websites like GameRankings and MetaCritic also play a role. Lastly, after the amusing events with GameSpot lately, the mention of their name alone makes me chuckle. It's like those Wii puns all over again, except much longer lasting!

I get all the info from one of mates. He seems to know everything about games before anywheer else. Don't know where he gets it from. :s

Voddas said:
I get all the info from one of mates. He seems to know everything about games before anywheer else. Don't know where he gets it from. :s

Sometimes its the best place to get info from, but not always, my mate told me FFVII was boring but I bored it anyway and was totally hooked, went out and bought myself a copy the next day :D

McIcy said:
Voddas said:

Sometimes its the best place to get info from, but not always, my mate told me FFVII was boring but I bored it anyway and was totally hooked, went out and bought myself a copy the next day :D
Yeah that happens to me a fair bit too but most of the time his info is gold. I trust him usually. He spotted Crysis moths before anyone had even metioned it and that game is awesome. xD

Back