Fate/Stay Night Movie announced

Cloud Strife

Vampire Ninja
Type-Moon mega-hit Fate/stay night is to receive a further anime adaptation in the form of a theatrical movie edition.

The announcement comes obliquely by way of the opening of the official movie site, though it is devoid of content.

Just what direction the story will take is likely to be the immediate object of interest, with the 2006 anime and the original visual novel apparently having tied things up already, though there is likely ample material remaining in the many followup works…

Here is the website, http://www.fatestaynight.jp/index.html you can find the article on Sankaku

Personally i cant wait since Fate/Stay Night is one of my favourite Type-Moon projects (Ahead of Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai)

...with the 2006 anime and the original visual novel apparently having tied things up already...
Unless you're fans like me who dont know anything about the Alter-Saber and the likes, who cant read a lick of Japanese and cant play the Visual novel.

I think the link's broke: "404 error" as usual.
But I would also like to find out about this movie, as a fellow F/S Night fan. There seems to be a rushed craze for the franchise - 1st the new western release of Unlimited Codes, and now this. Tiz good times for us fans.

What would make it better is if we had at least the visual novel itself and the anime over on this shore.

As for the movie! Considering the website background has all the swords in the ground, it can possibly mean the movie being based on the Unlimited Blade Works route for Fate/Stay

Yeah, I heard that the are several major ending routes in the V.N. of which one you mentioned with Unlimited Blade works. I dont know the specifics myself, but sounds like it could be insightful for the average fans.

Well, since Manga Gamers are in the midst of releasing Shuffle!, who knows what future F/S Night will have... (Optimism).

If it is indeed a Unlimited Blade Works movie then this will be intresting, Fate Stay may not be my favourite Type Moon work, but i did enjoy watching i.

Chaz said:
Yeah, I heard that the are several major ending routes in the V.N. of which one you mentioned with Unlimited Blade works. I dont know the specifics myself, but sounds like it could be insightful for the average fans.
3 major routes, with I think each having a Good and True end.
I really enjoyed the UBW story so seeing that in movie form would be great. Although Fate was also really good. Not played Heaven's Feel yet. I still need to get round to it.

I'd love it if they released VNs over here.

Question is though would the games come intact (H-scenes and all) Although it wouldn't be hard to simply replace them as they didn't add much to it.

But it did uncover the secret about how Saber regained her magic energy when they were running away from Berserker (i watched the anime first before playing the visual novel, but you did get the jist of it when Rin started...doing something..)

Clouded said:
But it did uncover the secret about how Saber regained her magic energy when they were running away from Berserker (i watched the anime first before playing the visual novel, but you did get the jist of it when Rin started...doing something..)

That's true :p

It is a shame Saber won't be the focal point but the UBW story was really, really cool.
I can't wait to watch this.

Back