I agree it still fits the mould as you said, just in a different form. I'm very intrigued by the post-Solomon FGO, and looking forward to getting to it, especially if as you say it's not something you need to sink consecutive hours into. Being able to pick it up as and when on the go with the mobile version should certainly make it a lot easier to stick with.
Just to set your expectations, I don't want to potentially put you off but it's fair to mention. The first 5 singularities are pretty bad, so don't force yourself if you don't like "waiting to get to the good part" of a series. (Septem in particular is godawful and the writer hasn't lived it down apparently). London was pretty fun though imo, some folk liked Okeanos as well.

But if you can reach Camelot it's smooth sailing after that.

This is really, really unfortunate because there is obviously a demand for seeing both the VNs and Carnival Phantasm translated and officially released in the west. I wouldn't hesitate one second getting them if they were.
Still living in the hope that as the Fate bandwagon continues its foray into the West, we will eventually get more of these in demand anime & VNs.

Just to set your expectations, I don't want to potentially put you off but it's fair to mention. The first 5 singularities are pretty bad, so don't force yourself if you don't like "waiting to get to the good part" of a series. (Septem in particular is godawful and the writer hasn't lived it down apparently). London was pretty fun though imo, some folk liked Okeanos as well.

But if you can reach Camelot it's smooth sailing after that.
Heheh setting the expectations very low always, always helps in the enjoyment,however minimal of lower quality stuff, so I shall aim to persevere to get to the good stuff!

I completely agree on this point and why I also liked him regardless as he still very much fit the character profile for him introduced in Fate. I do like his arguably harshly pragmatic self in the Stay/Night universe where he sees humanity as overflowing and superfluous with a loss of purpose, as compared to his past Kingdom where, again arguably, every individual had value and lots to contribute. Hence him being a kinder tyrant monarch still fits perfectly given his relevant interpretations/perceptions of either age of humanity. I just prefer his insidious nature in Fate Zero and onwards, though I still think it's in the mould of "firm but fair" heh. Now I don't understand the timeline nature of FGO, but read it as a different universe from stay/night altogether given how differently the fifth grail war played out, and don't even know if Gilgamesh was involved in that one but no matter if in Mesopotamia he is a character having experienced the fifth grail war or not, given that he is not deviating from his core character/personality.

The timeline of FGO apparently only one grail war ever went down, hence the grail not being corrupted and its wish being able to be occur.
Course there is still unanswered stuff about the grail war even now. Some of which I could say but is very speculative and spoiler territory so I will avoid doing so unless asked directly for that.

On the topic of Fate and horror, this might be a controversial take maybe? But while FGO maybe more grand (heh) I would argue it's still horror just in a different form, honestly FGO pretty much falls perfectly under eldritch Lovecraftian horror, especially after Solomon.

<--- Drunk Abi avatar knows the truth

The outer gods from Lovecrafts works are also a thing in FGO, with Abigail being one herself. The entirety of Salem was pretty much an adaptation of the Dunwich Horror but Fate-ified

I'm just waiting for the next lovecraftian. The one post lostbelt 5.

Excitedly tried playing FGO but Saber's Excalibur is too much for me phone to handle and the bloody app keeps crashing in the trial battle... My phone is pretty clogged up though so I probably need to delete a lot of s*ite off of it. Ugh, more life admin I can't be bothered with...

On a happier note, I was just thinking after my recent watches that I look forward to an MVM deal on Case Files and lo and behold:
Been only a couple of weeks since I bought FSN Deen as MVM's DOTW!
Gotta love MVM's weekly deals and their timings sometimes!

Excitedly tried playing FGO but Saber's Excalibur is too much for me phone to handle and the bloody app keeps crashing in the trial battle... My phone is pretty clogged up though so I probably need to delete a lot of s*ite off of it. Ugh, more life admin I can't be bothered with...

On a happier note, I was just thinking after my recent watches that I look forward to an MVM deal on Case Files and lo and behold:

Gotta love MVM's weekly deals and their timings sometimes!
That's a shame. If your phone is too old, it will naturally struggle since it stopped supporting older phones after a point.

There are a few trouble shooting things you could try like forcefully closing other apps and clearing the cache. Worse comes to worse the game can be played on PC using an android emulator. There are a few that have direct access to various app stores iirc.

tfw I only just found out Solomon is now actually available on Crunchyroll. Though I saw it already I guess I can re-watch it and I shall update my OP.

It really wasn't explained how Mash came back to life in the movie version at all

What will the next anime be? I know what I want to see.

tfw I only just found out Solomon is now actually available on Crunchyroll. Though I saw it already I guess I can re-watch it and I shall update my OP.

It really wasn't explained how Mash came back to life in the movie version at all

What will the next anime be? I know what I want to see.

I'd rather like Shinjuku. I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan.

I'd rather like Shinjuku. I'm a Sherlock Holmes fan.
Oh awesome me too. I've really gotten into the audiobooks I got.

Shijuku is kind of tied for 2nd with Shimosa for me though and Salem is my overall favorite.

Agartha is the one to skip imo.

Now to post some nostalgia

Oh awesome me too. I've really gotten into the audiobooks I got.

Shijuku is kind of tied for 2nd with Shimosa for me though and Salem is my overall favorite.

Agartha is the one to skip imo.

Now to post some nostalgia

So naturally Agartha is what will be picked.
I joke. It's wildly regarded as the weakest of the lot. I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped Lostbelts admittedly, but if they wanted one for bridging the gap then really it would be Shimosa, simply due to what it is.

Haha Argatha probably would be the one to get it. Well Shimosa would be the easiest to turn into an anime I agree since it's based on old Samurai movies. I guess just a case of choose your favorite descriptor from the list and if you would watch it. But you are right they will probably skip ahead to Lostbelts if anything.

Shinjuku - Sherlock Holmes adventure.
Agartha - History time with Christopher Colombus
Shimosa - Samurai epic.
Salem - Existential horror.

Last edited:
There are a few trouble shooting things you could try like forcefully closing other apps and clearing the cache. Worse comes to worse the game can be played on PC using an android emulator. There are a few that have direct access to various app stores iirc.
Thanks dude, I got it working by doing just that (surprising how you assume you've already done the basics when you haven't!). Also had to do an update so don't know if that helped as well. Fortunately my phone is generally pretty good so didn't think that would be the problem but it was very low on storage, which it unfortunately remains for now until the game starts crashing again heh. It's looking like it's going to be a slog, having already watched First Order and from what you say of the initial singularities, but at least Excalibur has stopped anti-armying my phone for now.

Thanks dude, I got it working by doing just that (surprising how you assume you've already done the basics when you haven't!). Also had to do an update so don't know if that helped as well. Fortunately my phone is generally pretty good so didn't think that would be the problem but it was very low on storage, which it unfortunately remains for now until the game starts crashing again heh. It's looking like it's going to be a slog, having already watched First Order and from what you say of the initial singularities, but at least Excalibur has stopped anti-armying my phone for now.
Feel free to add me in game if you like, ID 324,298,613

Haha Argatha probably would be the one to get it. Well Shimosa would be the easiest to turn into an anime I agree since it's based on old Samurai movies. I guess just a case of choose your favorite descriptor from the list and if you would watch it. But you are right they will probably skip ahead to Lostbelts if anything.

Shinjuku - Sherlock Holmes adventure.
Agartha - History time with Christopher Colombus
Shimosa - Samurai epic.
Salem - Existential horror.

I'd say Shimosa has the best chance for one other factor too. Musashi. Musashi gets a lot of love, and while we won't ever get the mini event where she first appears her story is kind of essential to know for later appearances, since she's a reoccurring character.

I'd say Shimosa has the best chance for one other factor too. Musashi. Musashi gets a lot of love, and while we won't ever get the mini event where she first appears her story is kind of essential to know for later appearances, since she's a reoccurring character.
True (and I was also thinking of Muramasa). But I dunno as Shinjuku and Salem also have some long term ramifications from their events (I'm just avoiding giving out spoilers though :)).

Once again though Agartha is the odd one out lol :p

Last edited:
True (and I was also thinking of Muramasa). But I dunno as Shinjuku and Salem also have some long term ramifications from their events (I'm just avoiding giving out spoilers though :)).

Once again though Agartha is the odd one out lol :p
True, though Muramasa is a smaller spoiler for a good while (and more easily skipped potentially if required). Though he would build hype for sure.

True, I can see that a bit with Shinjuku. Salem not as much. Though between all 4, Shimosa is the one fundamentally the most important I think as teasing the later stuff, from the characters involved to the actual setup of it all.

PSA: Witch on the Holy Night is up for pre-order on Play-Asia. be sure to check your store of choice (I grabbed the PS4 version).

2nd PSA: FGO Camelot part 2 movie was absolutely amazing and I strongly recomend it to anyone who is even a partial fan of the franchise. Animation was top tier and they handled the story really well.

Last edited:
PSA: Witch on the Holy Night is up for pre-order on Play-Asia. be sure to check your store of choice (I grabbed the PS4 version).

2nd PSA: FGO Camelot part 2 movie was absolutely amazing and I strongly recomend it to anyone who is even a partial fan of the franchise. Animation was top tier and they handled the story really well.
Thanks for the heads up. It says English on there but I'm a tad bit wary of my last Japanese VN Switch version purchase that ended up only being in Japanese, despite there being a digital English version for that on the Switch store...

On another note, I am completely hooked on FGO to a level that's rather concerning! Reminds me of my addiction to FF VIII on my PS1, during another lifetime when I was at school. Thank you very much for the help with your servants by the way, really helps to storm through, just about to start the London singularity now.

Back