Yeah for me there really was no point in trying to tease out these mysteries as given the confabulations it just doesn't work like a standard mystery affair.

Yep I think it just missed the mark for me, one of my fav things about watching a mystery is trying to solve it myself, or at least have some theories etc. Without that, I can't take a mystery I can't solve seriously!

Yep I think it just missed the mark for me, one of my fav things about watching a mystery is trying to solve it myself, or at least have some theories etc. Without that, I can't take a mystery I can't solve seriously!
I have to agree with this. A good mystery is one you can solve yourself, I have an excellent Sherlock Holmes boardgame that is essentially "try and solve the mystery before Sherlock" so it's naturally written to be that way.

Persoanlly I adore Case Files for the characters and the plot but not as a mystery series. Even for me it wouldn't be possible to solve anything.

FGO was a fun romp as well though I must say it helped me realise one thing about the Fate series I really value, by it's absence in FGO, which is the darkness and horror elements, especially in Heaven's Feel akin to Garden of Sinners. It was strange seeing arguably my favourite Fate character Gilgamesh, as a nice guy?? but still very cool and certainly with the coolest outfit of them all, and not forgetting his place as king amongst them mongrels heh. Oh and on the outfits, Mesopotamia (and probably all other singularities) seem waaaay too hot for even short shorts for the ladies. One thing I really wished we had in Heaven's Feel was more on Medusa, in the vein of how UBW gave subtle hints of Medea's background. Therefore I was really glad we got those in FGO as poor Rider always seemed to draw the short straw in Stay/Night , even if Heaven's Feel redeemed her utility in the epic battles. Also, Nasu totally gives shows like Evangelion a complete beatdown in relation to increasing levels of senseless gobbledygook - "neon genesis" you say, bah! I give you Nega Genesis bit**es!"

SNIP

Keep us updated on this thread with these releases guys and also any advice on how to play FGO would be greatly appreciated (even if I mostly try to scrape time together to play the days heh).
The thing with FGO, at least with the singularities, is that it generally is less dark and horror because it's more like an adventure to save the world. It's a very different tone, with a varying tone per singularity on top of that.
That... changes somewhat however with the lostbelts. I don't want to get into spoilers here, since it would be spoilers and large ones at that, but the tone of those differs greatly due to the actual logic of what is going on, the places visited, and the actions being taken. It is good though in my own opinion since it differs itself from being a rehash of part 1.

I actual found I could like this Gilgamesh a lot more, but that is more because this is meant to be his wiser self (the one after trying to find immortality and coming back to rule as king). He's still Gil at his core but he is the wise king now, not the tyrant king, so that shows in his personality having calmed with time.

As for how to play the game... well, others commented on the ways to do it. Life finds a way, and it's a very easy way so long as you aren't on an Apple device. At this point I'm convinced the US team knows this and can't be bothered to create a Europe version because they know everyone playing it in Europe already is. I think it even released in Australia recently and they just loaded up the US version so existing players could just pick straight up from where they were.

As for how to play the game... well, others commented on the ways to do it. Life finds a way, and it's a very easy way so long as you aren't on an Apple device.
To continue on from this for those who are interested.

(non-apple devices)
You can download the game app from the following alternative app store if Google Play is a no go (Region Lock). TapTap is the great store for JP/CN/KR/ASIA/EN apps and games (QooApp as well but had removed FGO from their site)

TapTap App Store
Screenshot_20220501-232641.jpg

Last edited:
To continue on from this for those who are interested.

(non-apple devices)
You can download the game app from the following alternative app stores if Google Play is a no go (Region Lock). These two are the best for JP/CN/KR/ASIA/EN apps and games.

TapTap App Store
View attachment 24140

QooApp Store
It's been delisted from Qooapp for over a year now dude. I posted above the APKpure method :)

You're right ✅ Though I believed it'd be a temporary removal since that incident. APKpure is also a solid site for APKs 👍
As an aisde, only 1 day left for the current gudaguda event and I need to haul ass to get Kagetora as a permanent servant before all the gold wisdoms I used will go to waste ; ;

This Gudaguda event really wasn't that compelling to play while I was halfway through a lostbelt

Carnival Phantasm needs a blu-ray release. I would buy it in a heart beat.

Yeah, me too. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially the racing and dating skit was hilarious. Haven't seen the FGO ones though.

By the way, do you know if the scratched Satsuki Yumizuka route from Tsukihime will make its way into the remake's later installments? Think I read about that somewhere but can't remember where. Always thought her storyline would be interesting to see pan out in a more in-depth manner (then again, I loved the jokes about her in Carnival Phantasm).

Yeah, me too. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Especially the racing and dating skit was hilarious. Haven't seen the FGO ones though.

By the way, do you know if the scratched Satsuki Yumizuka route from Tsukihime will make its way into the remake's later installments? Think I read about that somewhere but can't remember where. Always thought her storyline would be interesting to see pan out in a more in-depth manner (then again, I loved the jokes about her in Carnival Phantasm).
Yeah I heard that apparently it's going to be in the second part of the game which will cover all the far side routes.

I still need to play the remake as the fan patch is still in progress, but it sounds like it's got a ton more content than the old game if they have split it into two parts.

I wonder if they will ever animate the Lostbelts. I would like to see that, but then I would also like to see the Pseudo-singularities too. And I feel like I would need a reality check on the struggles of making an anime if I ask for so much lol.

I bet they would, but they probably wouldn't animate them all. Instead I imagine they would animate the more popular ones, or the large scale ones. So that would likely mean Lostbelt 5 (both parts), lostbelt 6, and likely lostbelt 7. In terms of scale (I assume 7 will be the same here), they are the largest in terms of pure content as well as the events happening.

Though at the same time, I'd like a movie at least for lostbelt 1. Primarily because it would serve as a great introduction since the MC has yet to understand what a lostbelt is, just like newcomers.

Yeah I heard that apparently it's going to be in the second part of the game which will cover all the far side routes.

I still need to play the remake as the fan patch is still in progress, but it sounds like it's got a ton more content than the old game if they have split it into two parts.

There's no word on any official english stuff for that yet is there?

Though at the same time, I'd like a movie at least for lostbelt 1. Primarily because it would serve as a great introduction since the MC has yet to understand what a lostbelt is, just like newcomers.
I agree with this, but they should also include the prologue chapter with it or not even that would make sense really.
There's no word on any official stuff for that yet is there?
Only interviews with Nasu mentioning as much. Nothing else unfortunately

(except Carnival Phantasm then of course, because Carnival Phantasm is amazing)
Carnival Phantasm needs a blu-ray release. I would buy it in a heart beat.
Wasn't really aware of this one, and on a quick search of the streaming platforms I'm subscribed to it is nowhere to be seen...* Sigh * the power of the force fomo is strong that despite my huge online and shelf-based backlog I am very irritated that I can't which carnival phantasm right now, now!!!

But on the plus side, I have now got the FGO game up and running, thank you very much for the advice! Here's hoping I can actually start playing it sometime this year now...

Am I the only one who thought Babylonia got VERY dark towards the end?
Now that you mention it, you're right it certainly did, including at the end of the first half where I thought it'd started getting better. I think having only watched the anime, given the extended cast (a lot of whom also exude a lot of comedy) and not forgetting the numerous citizens presumably represented more as NPCs in the game, I probably couldn't gel so much with the characters to have the fantasy elements negated enough to truly feel the horror, whereas in the other examples a much smaller roster of characters as the point of focus really helped to feel the horror I guess. Also, in terms of darkness I was being literal in how the masters/servants fought at night only and GoS was mostly based at night, and I really liked that aesthetic which unsurprisingly added to the horror elements.
The thing with FGO, at least with the singularities, is that it generally is less dark and horror because it's more like an adventure to save the world.
Yes, exactly how I felt hence my take on it being Fate doing Final Fantasy as especially the final boss at the end really felt to me like I was watching a typical FF game playing out, hich is not a bad thing whatsoever.

He's still Gil at his core
I completely agree on this point and why I also liked him regardless as he still very much fit the character profile for him introduced in Fate. I do like his arguably harshly pragmatic self in the Stay/Night universe where he sees humanity as overflowing and superfluous with a loss of purpose, as compared to his past Kingdom where, again arguably, every individual had value and lots to contribute. Hence him being a kinder tyrant monarch still fits perfectly given his relevant interpretations/perceptions of either age of humanity. I just prefer his insidious nature in Fate Zero and onwards, though I still think it's in the mould of "firm but fair" heh. Now I don't understand the timeline nature of FGO, but read it as a different universe from stay/night altogether given how differently the fifth grail war played out, and don't even know if Gilgamesh was involved in that one but no matter if in Mesopotamia he is a character having experienced the fifth grail war or not, given that he is not deviating from his core character/personality.

I've long retired from FGO but will simply wish you success on the grind 💪🔥
Oh oh, did you say grind?? Oh dear, I can just feel my worst video game allergy acting up... Shouldn't be surprised with a free-to-download & in-app purchases type of game really...

Reading on about the VNs & FGO, I think I need to take a break from the Fate universe/s before fomo really overloads and fries the remaining vestiges of what used to be my brain... But don't stop sharing info on those regardless though heheh!

Wasn't really aware of this one, and on a quick search of the streaming platforms I'm subscribed to it is nowhere to be seen...* Sigh * the power of the force fomo is strong that despite my huge online and shelf-based backlog I am very irritated that I can't which carnival phantasm right now, now!!!

But on the plus side, I have now got the FGO game up and running, thank you very much for the advice! Here's hoping I can actually start playing it sometime this year now...
Carnival Phantasm can only be seen through "closed doors" if you get my meaning. Absolutely worth it though.

FGO is designed to be played in 15 minute bursts so don't fret man.
Oh oh, did you say grind?? Oh dear, I can just feel my worst video game allergy acting up... Shouldn't be surprised with a free-to-download & in-app purchases type of game really...
There is a bit of grinding, but in this instance we were talking about a me specific problem (laments in Kagetora, I just couldn't find the motivation to complete gudaguda)

On the topic of Fate and horror, this might be a controversial take maybe? But while FGO maybe more grand (heh) I would argue it's still horror just in a different form, honestly FGO pretty much falls perfectly under eldritch Lovecraftian horror, especially after Solomon.

<--- Drunk Abi avatar knows the truth

The outer gods from Lovecrafts works are also a thing in FGO, with Abigail being one herself. The entirety of Salem was pretty much an adaptation of the Dunwich Horror but Fate-ified

Last edited:
On the topic of Fate and horror, this might be a controversial take maybe? But while FGO maybe more grand (heh) I would argue it's still horror just in a different form, honestly FGO pretty much falls perfectly under eldritch Lovecraftian horror, especially after Solomon.

<--- Drunk Abi avatar knows the truth
I agree it still fits the mould as you said, just in a different form. I'm very intrigued by the post-Solomon FGO, and looking forward to getting to it, especially if as you say it's not something you need to sink consecutive hours into. Being able to pick it up as and when on the go with the mobile version should certainly make it a lot easier to stick with.

As @Vincentdante mentions, it is virtually impossible to get hold of the series legitimately. I was "lucky" in the sense that I played both the VNs and watched series like Carnival Phantasm back when I wasn't on the "straight and narrow". This is really, really unfortunate because there is obviously a demand for seeing both the VNs and Carnival Phantasm translated and officially released in the west. I wouldn't hesitate one second getting them if they were.

Back