Thanks everyone, I think I’m going to get the bottom one then though they all cost roughly the same second hand. I was going to get the bundle but I don’t think the sequel has a fan translation does it?

Also, I’m probably getting the aoj garden of sinners blu ray too but the cdjapan listing refers to seven films so I’m assuming the eighth one is on the bonus disc. There’s also a listing for a film called “recalled out summer “, so is this the ninth film that aoa delisted and is there another way to watch it?

Thanks

Thanks everyone, I think I’m going to get the bottom one then though they all cost roughly the same second hand. I was going to get the bundle but I don’t think the sequel has a fan translation does it?

Also, I’m probably getting the aoj garden of sinners blu ray too but the cdjapan listing refers to seven films so I’m assuming the eighth one is on the bonus disc. There’s also a listing for a film called “recalled out summer “, so is this the ninth film that aoa delisted and is there another way to watch it?

Thanks

Hollow Ataraxia does indeed have a fan translation. I can't remember the group that did it off the top of my head but I'm sure you can find it if you poke around.

Recalled out of Summer is the 9th film yes, the 8th film only has a 20 min runtime so I assume it would be on the bonus disc? I own the MVM release so I can't fully say how AOJ have layed it out unfortunately.

I was going to get the bundle but I don’t think the sequel has a fan translation does it?
Hollow Ataraxia does indeed have a fan translation.
Okay, at the very significant risk of making my unending things-I'd-rather-being-doing-instead-of-work/chores lists, that much worse, do you guys buy the Japanese versions and then get mod files (like the ones you told me about for higurashi @Vincentdante) with fan translations to play these? And are these on the PC?

Okay, at the very significant risk of making my unending things-I'd-rather-being-doing-instead-of-work/chores lists, that much worse, do you guys buy the Japanese versions and then get mod files (like the ones you told me about for higurashi @Vincentdante) with fan translations to play these? And are these on the PC?
Yeah the fate vn I’ve bought is for pc and there’s a fan translation available online from MM (I’m not sure if we’re allowed to name them properly). Isn’t Higurashi available in English on steam?

Yes. Except for the Tsukihime remake where you either need to mod a Switch console or create a rom for PC (which I did).
Yeah the fate vn I’ve bought is for pc and there’s a fan translation available online from MM (I’m not sure if we’re allowed to name them properly). Isn’t Higurashi available in English on steam?
It is yea, I pointed him to a mod that adds the PS3 sprites and VA which the pc version didn't have :)

Yes. Except for the Tsukihime remake where you either need to mod a Switch console or create a rom for PC (which I did).

It is yea, I pointed him to a mod that adds the PS3 sprites and VA which the pc version didn't have :)
Good stuff, thanks guys. @Vincentdante, I'm going to try to hold off for now, but may hit you up later sometime to get the info on where to source all these. In the meantime will remain hopeful they start releasing these officially with English translations!

My fate vn arrived! Along with garden of sinners. I’ve just found out my external optical drive doesn’t work anymore so I have to go to Argos and get a cheap one ffs. Also the gos discs aren’t numbered so I’m not sure which order to watch them in, can anyone help based on the cases?image.jpg

My fate vn arrived! Along with garden of sinners. I’ve just found out my external optical drive doesn’t work anymore so I have to go to Argos and get a cheap one ffs. Also the gos discs aren’t numbered so I’m not sure which order to watch them in, can anyone help based on the cases?View attachment 28183
I can compare when I get home from work for ya if no one else can answer :)

At a glance I can say bottom left is 1
Bottom right is 2
Top right is 3
And top left is 4.
:)

That’s brilliant, thanks for going to all that trouble. Also is there a way to watch the final film anywhere as the blu ray doesn’t have English subs?
Happy to help. :)

For the last film AoA released a now oop blu-ray for the 9th film for about a month. The rest of us have had to sail the seven seas if you catch my meaning. At least until MVM get the lisence (if that ever happens).

Happy to help. :)

For the last film AoA released a now oop blu-ray for the 9th film for about a month. The rest of us have had to sail the seven seas if you catch my meaning. At least until MVM get the lisence (if that ever happens).

I snagged both, just to be on the safe side... :)

goscomp1.jpg

goscomp2.jpg

Wait - isn't this supposed to be a Fate thread?? 🤫

Also not Fate, but related, I've just ordered the shiny US PS4 LE of the Type Moon VN Witch on the Holy Night. I know you can buy it digitally in the UK, but I wanted a nice box. It's released on on 10th Feb, and I bought it from Playasia, so not sure exactly when I'll get it. The US Switch LE was already sold out, but I have kids who monopolise the switch anyway so I don't mind getting the PS4 version. Shame that the combined shipping and tax charges brought it to almost £80, but it's the first legally available Type Moon VN so I felt I needed to splash out!

Also not Fate, but related, I've just ordered the shiny US PS4 LE of the Type Moon VN Witch on the Holy Night. I know you can buy it digitally in the UK, but I wanted a nice box. It's released on on 10th Feb, and I bought it from Playasia, so not sure exactly when I'll get it. The US Switch LE was already sold out, but I have kids who monopolise the switch anyway so I don't mind getting the PS4 version. Shame that the combined shipping and tax charges brought it to almost £80, but it's the first legally available Type Moon VN so I felt I needed to splash out!
I was so close to doing the same thing. Still thinking about double dipping even, but I have the digital version just to support it and I'm a physical media guy :D

It's really enjoyable so far, hope you like it.

Back