Nice man, I look forward to your impressions on the Lostbelts. It's peak FGO writing but they are very long as well lol. But I hope you agree that the Pseudo-singularities are a step up in story :)

If you know me then you know I love Salem, if you have read Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror it really makes it better as well. But feel free to use my Abby for theme.

Shimousa was so much fun in a classic samurai movie way. Plus it graced us with Muramasa.

Agartha... Happened.

Shinjuku was also great. It had best doggo Lobo.

Yeah it's certainly impressive how the story does not slow down at all nor take a break after the Solomon finale. But maybe that's also because I'm playing catch-up, when in real time at release it likely felt a bit more paced.

Exactly as you said, the pseudo-singularities have been really good, with Agartha just being Agartha heh, though I did like the initial concepts even for that. The characters have been great as well, with the brilliant Muramasa in Shimousa (and she was so funny in last Vegas as well) and even Shirou Gramps was epic. Loved the Alters in Shinjuku, with the brilliant Jeanne cameos in the Salem plays heheh. Conversely Shehrezade was disappointingly dull and a bit of a waste of another potentially great character had she been interpreted a bit differently (even as some observing characters themselves had referred to their more heroic historical role). Just goes to show, the characters make or break the story.

Have to love the balance the game has between drama and comedy and not to mention very fun gameplay. I'd expected to have been over it by now though it's proving anything but. Very much looking forward to Lostbelts as the pseudo-singularities, and via them even Sherlock's role in the initial game, just hugely foreshadowing Lostbelts. It's like the Reapers in Mass Effect.

Yeah it's certainly impressive how the story does not slow down at all nor take a break after the Solomon finale. But maybe that's also because I'm playing catch-up, when in real time at release it likely felt a bit more paced.

Exactly as you said, the pseudo-singularities have been really good, with Agartha just being Agartha heh, though I did like the initial concepts even for that. The characters have been great as well, with the brilliant Muramasa in Shimousa (and she was so funny in last Vegas as well) and even Shirou Gramps was epic. Loved the Alters in Shinjuku, with the brilliant Jeanne cameos in the Salem plays heheh. Conversely Shehrezade was disappointingly dull and a bit of a waste of another potentially great character had she been interpreted a bit differently (even as some observing characters themselves had referred to their more heroic historical role). Just goes to show, the characters make or break the story.

Have to love the balance the game has between drama and comedy and not to mention very fun gameplay. I'd expected to have been over it by now though it's proving anything but. Very much looking forward to Lostbelts as the pseudo-singularities, and via them even Sherlock's role in the initial game, just hugely foreshadowing Lostbelts. It's like the Reapers in Mass Effect.
Now you get to join us in argument over which pseudo singularity is best deserving of an anime adaptation and lament when it is inevitably Agartha :p

Hahaha, you never know: they may improve it! They did pick the best singularities to adapt, and hopefully with interest continuing to develop internationally they actually will continue to adapt more from the game. Though the earlier talk of them making an alternate universe series makes it less promising for the near future...

Unreleated to anything but I was amusing myself thinking how the writers of FGO have been given so much power since the beginning.

Singularities: desperately trying to write a story around a given theme (except for Nasu)
Pseudo-singularities: Writers get to tell short stories and the developers have to make a world around that.
Lostbelts: "Hey so I have this epic novel I want to tell for my lostbelt. Could you program mine to revolve around three singularities and 2 anime seasons kthxbai"

Lovecraft's The Dunwich Horror
I read this to enhance the Salem playthrough and yeah I see what you mean: Salem proves to be quite the homage. Unusually, given my preference for horror, I've not read Lovecraft previously, and I definitely see what has been said about how fearful Lovecraft was of just about everyone - every line in the story exudes fear! Fascinating stuff, and coming back to FGO, Abigail's attack animations are a brilliant take on Lovecraftian horrors!

I read this to enhance the Salem playthrough and yeah I see what you mean: Salem proves to be quite the homage. Unusually, given my preference for horror, I've not read Lovecraft previously, and I definitely see what has been said about how fearful Lovecraft was of just about everyone - every line in the story exudes fear! Fascinating stuff, and coming back to FGO, Abigail's attack animations are a brilliant take on Lovecraftian horrors!
Yeah man, Lovecraft is a good yet controversial writer (avoid Horror at Redhook at all costs) and I'll admit I've read most of his works now lol.

Even Summer Abby was a homage to Lovecraft's dreamworld cycle. Well the foreigner class in general is a reference to a different story but Abby in particular has strong theme.

Shimousa was so much fun in a classic samurai movie way. Plus it graced us with Muramasa.

And this is why new year's this year will made FGO shot up the rankings when it comes to money spent. Muramasa is very highly anticipated.

Now you get to join us in argument over which pseudo singularity is best deserving of an anime adaptation and lament when it is inevitably Agartha :p

Please no... Not the worst of the bunch! Realistically it would likely be the third, mostly because of Lostbelt connections and having Musashi in. But I'd prefer the first since it has popular characters and just a fun story to it.

Unreleated to anything but I was amusing myself thinking how the writers of FGO have been given so much power since the beginning.

Singularities: desperately trying to write a story around a given theme (except for Nasu)
Pseudo-singularities: Writers get to tell short stories and the developers have to make a world around that.
Lostbelts: "Hey so I have this epic novel I want to tell for my lostbelt. Could you program mine to revolve around three singularities and 2 anime seasons kthxbai"

Then there's Nasu showing up to write a lostbelt.
"So lostbelt 6 is kind of getting a bit out of hand. I could shorten it... or just make it three parts, each the length of a normal story event."

Then there's Nasu showing up to write a lostbelt.
"So lostbelt 6 is kind of getting a bit out of hand. I could shorten it... or just make it three parts, each the length of a normal story event."
Devs: Lostbelt 7 finally starts this year
Also Devs: There is enough content for FGO to last until 2025

me: Ah so that's how long Lostbelt 7 will go for :p

Just wait till we get Lostbelt 0.
Because while I can't say how true this is since I've yet to experience the parts referencing this yet, there is talk that Fuyuki is still burning. And that eventually, we'll have to return there. To go back to where it all began.

Just wait till we get Lostbelt 0.
Because while I can't say how true this is since I've yet to experience the parts referencing this yet, there is talk that Fuyuki is still burning. And that eventually, we'll have to return there. To go back to where it all began.
Ooh interesting

In a recent interview Nasu said that the Tsukihime remake wouldn't be what it is without FGO. Which has had some speculating that it might tie in somehow, though others (myself included) have taken that to mean his writing style evolving. Your comment has made me think of that again though.

We already have one direct link to the old Tsukihime with Fou (aka Primate Murder) I guess so who knows.

Last edited:
Got another bad end in Tsukihime. This one was listed as ending 8 so I thought, I'm doing well to have bypassed so many but then the game called me out on my BS again.

1660503823753.png

Look game you can't just leave clues to the mystery laying around in a locked desk hidden behind a closed off room. You're just asking for me to break in and read it, especially since it hints at the sequal.

Ooh interesting

In a recent interview Nasu said that the Tsukihime remake wouldn't be what it is without FGO. Which has had some speculating that it might tie in somehow, though others (myself included) have taken that to mean his writing style evolving. Your comment has made me think of that again though.

We already have one direct link to the old Tsukihime with Fou (aka Primate Murder) I guess so who knows.

There are rumours that lostbelt 7 may link in some manner.
Plus there's still so many unanswered mysteries FGO reexplores. Like teasing how Arthur Prototype is hunting one of the evils of humanity still and is getting closer to finding it.

There are rumours that lostbelt 7 may link in some manner.
Plus there's still so many unanswered mysteries FGO reexplores. Like teasing how Arthur Prototype is hunting one of the evils of humanity still and is getting closer to finding it.
Yeah there is still a lot to explore. If it does end up linking my mind will be blown haha. I do hope that Arthur protoype story arc goes somewhere, I'm not sure how many beasts have been discovered yet on JP as I am avoiding future spoiler stuff outside of characters but considering beast III had two sides there are certainly more than seven already.

Yeah there is still a lot to explore. If it does end up linking my mind will be blown haha. I do hope that Arthur protoype story arc goes somewhere, I'm not sure how many beasts have been discovered yet on JP as I am avoiding future spoiler stuff outside of characters but considering beast III had two sides there are certainly more than seven already.
I'm not too sure either, but there has been a few, especially if we also include Arcade.

PSA: If anyone watches the Unlimited Blade Works abridged series from project mouthwash the new episode goes up tomorrow.

I haven't done a lore musing post in a while, but I have been thinking about this while going through Tsukihime.

So one of the central figures in the whole series and probably one of the main characters in the Nasuverse as a whole (who get's very little screen time) is Zelretch. This was the old man in Heaven's Feel who was overseeing the ceremony that created the greater grail, and who's sword Shirou had to reproduce. The Gem Sword of Zelretch.

So yeah this guy basically split the Fate universe away from the Tsukihime universe when he fought the moon (don't ask). It's pretty straight forward, if Zelretch loses to the moon (don't ask) Tsukihime happens, if Zelretch beats the moon (don't ask) then Fate happens. But right now we have two clear different universes, meanwhile Zelretch himself is the sorcerer of the second magic that directly links to the root. The magic that governs all the parallel universes, and one that allows him to freely travel between all the parallel worlds of the nasuverse and observe them.

So what would happen if Human Zelretch ever met Dead Apostle Zelretch?

3319769_1375258150986.98res_500_258.jpg

Let's not think about it.

Also this guy is the reason Prisma Illya is canon. I'm sure it was just to troll Rin.

EDIT: I should elaborate because it was never shown in the Heaven's Feel movie adaptation, but Zelrech saves Tohsaka Rin after she get's put on trial by the clock tower for what went down in the Holy Grail War.

The TL;DR is he swaggers into the court room and tells them to stop it or he will smite them down. So naturally all the powerful, battle hardened, insanely powerful mages who also vastly outnumber him in this moment all come to the same conclusion. That it's a bad idea to jump on the guy who could get away with calling Gilgamesh a mongrel and decide to do as they are told. He then explains that Rin was a better magus than her father for recreating his gem sword (via Shirou) and swaggers back out, but not before telling all the senior super powerful mages that if they behave he will allow them to choose some of their apprentices to become his students for a bit.

He then appears in Prisma Illya universe and gives Rin a Kaleidostick personally, coincidence? Yes, they are different stories from two different writers

Arc3.jpg
That is a whole essay by itself

Last edited:
Ah yes, the moon.
We don't talk about the moon.
I feel like it's become a running gag with how few people will talk about it properly. But it is not, it really will take too much effort to explain properly lol.

Even that 30 minute Lore video SAHO had posted on the front page requested viewers not to ask about the moon lol.

Last edited:
I feel like it's become a running gag with how few people will talk about it properly. But it is not, it really will take too much effort to explain properly lol.

Even that 30 minute Lore video SAHO had posted on the front page requested viewers not to ask about the moon lol.
It's basically just Fate in a nutshell.
"How does this work?"
"How much time you got?"
"... Why?"
"Because this will need you to sit down for a bit."

Back