Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not too bothered.

• No thanks.

• Total voters

Chaz

Chuunibyou
After trying to grow one for half a month now, I'm wondering about keeping what I have at the moment or taking it all off again. Apparently, I look like Shaggy from Scooby Doo, but I looked closer at it and I think it looks untidy...

So I came up with this:
Why not make a thread about it, not just to answer my question, but for general opinions on beards, mustaches, etc.

But the question is, how long does it usually take for a beard to grow? I'm just talking about around the mouth and a lil' under the chin. (Goatee/mustache combo, is it?)

Thanks for any help, and use 'til your heart's content.

It seems to vary. Obviously I don't grow any myself since my hormones are set up wrong but it takes my partner an absolute age to grow any at all. I have friends who look like members of ZZ Top if they don't shave for a couple of days too...

On other people I don't really notice whether they have facial hair or not; whatever suits them looks good. On a partner a bushy moustache gets in the way a little (it tickles my lips/nose weirdly when I want to kiss them IYSWIM) but nothing too annoying.

R

Rui said:
I have friends who look like members of ZZ Top if they don't shave for a couple of days too...

:lol: Thats funny!

Well, as a bloke, i personally prefer the clean shaven look for the weekend AND the just growing slightly look for during the week.

The more you shave the quicker it grows. so if you shave it alot it will grow quickly but the downside is, if you ever change your mind and want to be clean shaven, you'll have to shave more, which in turn, will make your facial hair grow more

Stubble can be sexy, but big beards are never good :/

Tachi- said:
The more you shave the quicker it grows. so if you shave it alot it will grow quickly but the downside is, if you ever change your mind and want to be clean shaven, you'll have to shave more, which in turn, will make your facial hair grow more

I've heard this before, but it doesn't seem to make any sense at all :s

Is there any science behind it, or is this just an old wives tale?

CitizenGeek said:
I've heard this before, but it doesn't seem to make any sense at all :s Is there any science behind it, or is this just an old wives tale?
Old wives tale. Stephen Fry says so and I'll believe him. :p

Sy said:
CitizenGeek said:
I've heard this before, but it doesn't seem to make any sense at all :s Is there any science behind it, or is this just an old wives tale?
Old wives tale. Stephen Fry says so and I'll believe him. :p

Even though i respect Stephen Fry undoubtedly, i've gotta say i'm not entirely sure how true that is, but i know one thing...its a proven fact your hair (all body hair) and your fingernails grow quicker over the weekend because your generally more relaxed over the weekend. Thank you bbc radio 2 for your random facts :lol:

Being a guy I wouldn't really like the look of any lass with facial hair....
::shudders::
I chose any kind, coz my facial hair changes on a monthly basis. Favourite tho is definately side burns and chin hair.

Voddas said:
Being a guy I wouldn't really like the look of any lass with facial hair....
::shudders::
I chose any kind, coz my facial hair changes on a monthly basis. Favourite tho is definately side burns and chin hair.

I second this. But for guys, as long as it looks good, it's okay.

I've been trying to grow a chino beard for ages now, but I always seem to grow more hair under my mouth and chin rather than at the sides.

DIMOXXXXXXXXXINEL

Plus I always thought hair did grow faster one shaved. I shaved my sidebrns constantly, and they reappear like Wolverine's in a matter of days.

As I am a girl I don't any facial hair, if I did I would seriously consider joining the circus as the bearded lady. :3
I think abit of stubble on a guy looks hott, but a full on beard is a bit off-putting.
So abit of hair is nice..but not loads!
If food is stuck in it also..that's just icky..*shudders* =o

Well, I generally have stubble as I'm one of these people who would have to shave several times a day if I wanted to stay clean shaven. I think I suit the stubble, as I look too young when I'm chean shaven.

I'll probably grow a (short) beard later in life but not just yet.

If you shave constantly even 0.01mm's growth is instantly irritating and noticed. Whereas if you shave once per month you barely notice the difference between short stubble and longer wispy stubble. Unless you're one of the ZZ Top guys I mentioned I guess, they'd probably notice that kind of growth speed fast.

These are my observations from living with my partner's facial hair.

It's like how living with someone you don't notice them changing at all but then you see a picture of them from a year ago and gawp. Or like how Great Aunt Matilda shrieks "my, you have grown!" after a rare visit and you think "duh, no I haven't". She noticed because she wasn't there every day staring at you.

R

Rui said:
like how Great Aunt Matilda shrieks "my, you have grown!" after a rare visit and you think "duh, no I haven't". She noticed because she wasn't there every day staring at you.

That is so true. n_n

I'm not bothered, as long as it looks good.

It takes me yonks to grow anything substantial, but I grow a mustache much more quickly than sideburns or a beard.

Back