Fable II confirmed for GOTY? I think so!

kupoartist said:
No 2007 title should sneak in the back door because publishers release it on a new platform as an afterthought.

I thought BioShock had been released on 360 and PC in early '08, not mid '07 (as it was). I was mistaken; and I agree that the title shouldn't be up for 2008's GOTY :]

Fable 2 was dissapointing. It was good, but very dissapointing. It was like buying the special edition Fable and realising it's like 2 extra missions and a lame sword.

There's so many candidates for GOTY from now until Christmas, I just hope they don't forget about MGS4.

BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
Metal Gear 4 should get it really. No beating that.

I easily think LBP could have something to say about that..shame about the contraversy it got over that one song though.

Yeah LBP will be awesome but not a candle on MGS4. Go play it, correct me if im wrong but; you havent played it yet ;) :p

but i don't have to play it in order to predict what various magazines etc would do for their GOTY MGS4 will get awards don't get me wrong, after all its MGS, but LBP deserves the awards for creatvitiy, personal game of the year will also vary but on saying that maybe its something we could do for this bit of the forum for kicks

Castlevania said:
Fable 2 was dissapointing. It was good, but very dissapointing. It was like buying the special edition Fable and realising it's like 2 extra missions and a lame sword.

There's so many candidates for GOTY from now until Christmas, I just hope they don't forget about MGS4.
Fable 2 would be dissapointing if you wanted it the day it was announced, like most fans.

Also, MGS4 GOTY? More like MOTY.

Spyro201 said:
BlackWolf said:
Spyro201 said:
Metal Gear 4 should get it really. No beating that.

I easily think LBP could have something to say about that..shame about the contraversy it got over that one song though.

Yeah LBP will be awesome but not a candle on MGS4. Go play it, correct me if im wrong but; you havent played it yet ;) :p

I've played both games and i say that LBP is more fun.
completed mgs4 4 times now so the coolness has faded and i hardly play it. i'll admit it's a very good game and the cinematics on it are brilliant. but right now the only thing i can see selling ps3's is LBP.

plus i loved the beta testing...if thats only a snapshot of the real LBP then it'll walk all over MGS4 IMO.

Castlevania said:
There's so many candidates for GOTY from now until Christmas,
There always are. People just forget in retrospect because half of them turn out to be so passable, or a certain set of games are so good that you end up wondering why there was ever any fuss over the other titles at all.

My tips for award snubs this year have to be Dead Space and Call of Duty: World at War. They're both good games destined to be overlooked for awards for not being all that much in the way of the new.

Tachi- said:
Dead space has looked good from the off :D
saw the anime in hmv and was considering buying it....have downloaded the anime series off the american playstation store and it seems to have a brilliant story line. altho i can't stop thinking that its so similar to games i've played on the ps1.....like a space version of resident evil :s
Worth a watch?

Dizzae said:
Tachi- said:
Dead space has looked good from the off :D
saw the anime in hmv and was considering buying it....have downloaded the anime series off the american playstation store and it seems to have a brilliant story line. altho i can't stop thinking that its so similar to games i've played on the ps1.....like a space version of resident evil :s
Worth a watch?

For a while i had thought that some of the resi team worked on it with EA on this, but i was wrong, since mikami only decided to work with them on a new title after dead space was in production. I can only assume that Dead Space's main idea as a survival horror came from resident evil(the original).

Back