Expensive Anime DVD

Taka88

Kiznaiver
I just want know how many you spend on one dvd or box series ?

Because i'am searching online to through amazon, play and HMV. I just noticed lot of old anime DVD example Black Largon or Trigun or Death Note. Old DVD is really expensive. They are price is £25-40. I want know they are rare dvd or unwanted DVD ? Other thing i just noticed old DVD is rarity price down. I feel it is not right. What your feeling about that ?

I admit i am a bargain hunter !!

p.s. I try search this forum about DVD but i can't find it. Sorry

The prices go down when it's something that everyone has, and few people want, but when it is in short supply the prices tend to get really expensive. For Black Lagoon, the licence was lost, so it went out of circulation and became more expensive (though it will get cheaper again once blu-rays appear). For limited editions and in cases where a company went out of business, the used prices can swiftly become absolutely ridiculous. I make a point of always order limited editions quickly, and buying anything I need when a company stops releasing anime.

Sometimes it's worth looking at different regions when something is out of print. Some stuff which is rare here is very common and cheap in the US, and vice versa.

R

@Rui : Thanks for your explain to me. One thing i not understand why DVD have repeat title anime example Cowboy Bebop box set and Cowboy bebop anime legend are same.

@Paradox: Thanks for give me website address and you save my life !

@Shiiroi: I can't believe what i see this. Who buy manga for over £100.

I use find-dvd.co.uk for that too and its been so useful.

Regarding the prices, its like Rui says, if its old and doesnt sell too much then the price goes down. If its rare, then the price goes up.

I confess i'm a bargain hunter too eheh

I buy the cheapest to the expensive series in axle-planet so I don't go the expensive series yet ( unless it's a series I really really really really must have e.g. Card captor)

bakum4tsu said:
I use find-dvd.co.uk for that too and its been so useful.

Regarding the prices, its like Rui says, if its old and doesnt sell too much then the price goes down. If its rare, then the price goes up.

I confess i'm a bargain hunter too eheh
Yup, that's the laws of supply and demand.

Speaking of expensive anime DVDs, Crest/Banner of the Stars still costs pretty high in both the US and UK :(

I was checking out rightstuff and found 2 versions of Banner of the Stars II:
Banner of the Stars II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) (Anime Legends)

Banner of the Stars II DVD Complete Collection (Hyb)

The first one is "Anime Legends" edition that has been released in 2006 and has running time of 275min, the second is the "normal" Complete Edition that has been released in 2004, however that one has 325min running time. They both are Banner of the Stars II, but the older has an extra 50 min according to rightstuf and amazon product page.

Does anyone know what is the extra 50 min? First I though it is Banner of the Stars III (it has about 50-54min runtime), but I didn't find any proof that III has been released in the US...

Tind said:
Does anyone know what is the extra 50 min? First I though it is Banner of the Stars III (it has about 50-54min runtime), but I didn't find any proof that III has been released in the US...

I know on the first collection there's ane xtra 'lost' episode, not sure if this is on the legends one? I think it's only 25 minutes though, so 275 mins sounds about right for 10 in the series + 1 etra. No idea what whould push it the extra 50 minutes other than them copying details from an earlier series and not relising this one was shorter.

Back