Exeter cinema screenings of anime

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Otaku News have picked up on an animation festival ("Animated Exeter") in Exeter. Amongst a wide selection of international films, several popular anime movies will be presented too:
  • Cowboy Bebop The Movie (Monday 19th February at 10pm - Exeter Phoenix)
  • Princess Mononoke (Tuesday 20th February at 7:30pm - University of Exeter Cinema Society)
  • Metropolis (Tuesday 20th February at 10pm - Exeter Phoenix)
  • Perfect Blue (Wednesday 21st February at 10pm - Exeter Phoenix)

Seeing as I live in Plymouth I would be interested though I've seen and own all of the titles mentioned and seen them a few times to boot. What to do...

Yeah, another Plymouthian here. Might be interested in going to see Perfect Blue or Metropolis, seeing as I haven't seen those. Good to see Exeter's promoting anime in the South West, and it's a shame Plymouth City Council's not doing the same.

the only film that's remotely new is Tetsujin28.

Last year's selection was way better! Ghost in the shell 2, Appleseed, The Cat Returns and Avalon, although the latter kinda sucked.

At least their trying i guess.

If it was me, I'd be going (even though I've seen 3/4 of the movies). What other chance will you have to see anime on the big screen?

I saw neither at the cinema, but I can say that Cowboy Bebop and Princess Mononoke would be so much better on a big screen.

Mwhaha - Exonian here!

Pity on the selection - the only one i have not seen (or got!) is the Cowboy Bebop movie. Considering i have not watched the series, is it worth it taking a walk into town to see it?

Then again, to see Mononoke on a big screen could be worth it as well (Howls was amazing that way, as was the Cat returns - both in Exeter!)

Warmaster said:
Mwhaha - Exonian here!

Pity on the selection - the only one i have not seen (or got!) is the Cowboy Bebop movie. Considering i have not watched the series, is it worth it taking a walk into town to see it?

Then again, to see Mononoke on a big screen could be worth it as well (Howls was amazing that way, as was the Cat returns - both in Exeter!)
Yes. The Cowboy Beebop can easily be viewed and enjoyed in isolation of the series. It doesn't present any particular spoilers with regards to the series or its end so it is worth catching at the cinema if you can :).

Back