Exciting Play.com anime DVD sale

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Play.com are currently running an exciting new anime DVD sale that includes many new and old releases from MVM and Manga Ent..

Amongst those being touted for just £7.99 are the first two volumes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, the 3-volume Ninja Scroll TV series, the 4-volume Fruits Basket and the 3-volumes of Tenchi Muyo OVAs. Be sure to take advantage!

I went for the last three volumes of Fruits Basket (which I'd only rented before), and hopefully I'll be able to pick up GITS: SAC vol 2 and maybe the Tenchi OVAs within the next few weeks. If I had the money I'd get Lain as well but need to save some for the new releases I want to pick up.

Excellent sale! I'm going to have to get some lovely Tenchi OVA DVDs and i'll look at Vampire Princess Miyu, which Mangaminx has persuded me to have a look at.

Anyone who doesn't have GITS:SAC, ROD OVA, Lain or Fruits Basket is very lucky!

I'm thinking of trying out Blue Gender, since I've been interested in Gantz lately, this seems a similar sort of thing, with aliens invading etc.

Can anyone reccomend whether its any good?

Sounds good from the likes of the animeondvd and animenewsnetwork reviews.

I watched all of Blue Gender during it's UK TV run and I really enjoyed it. Imagine Starship Troopers mixed with Evangelion. It starts with a very cool concept of a bloke being frozen (due to illness) for years and years, only to wake up and find mankind of the brink of extinction, over-run by loads of weird giant bugs known as "Blue". It pulls no punches with its characters and for the first 10 or so episodes, you're on the edge of your seat wondering what is going to happen next.

But yeah, you also have to consider the UK release is dub-only. I'd import but if you're a dub fan, there shouldn't be a problem.

Any idea how long the sale lasts? I've just used up my Anime money by buying Nadesico Vol 1 and Kino's Journey Vol 1 from Amazon (£10 each)... I'll most likely get the rest of FB (I have Volume 1 £24 sounds good to me ^^)

It'll probably last untl the items go out of stock- on previous sales it's been up to a couple of months, but with the number of items in the sale steadily decreasing in that time.

Sales like these are dangeous, I'm skint enough as it is.
Lots of stuff i'd like to buy far too many to mention here, however Miyu and Metal Skin Panic will go straight in the basket. :)

I've just ordered the 1st 2 volumes of Stand Alone Complex (7.99 each is quite a bargain!), I guess Blue Gender will have to wait.

Everyone's been raving about this series, and I'm keen to see it, particularly because I was slightly dissapointed with the original film (as I 've said before, it was good, but not great).

i've ordered all four DVDs of Lain now, since i wasn't sure how long the offer price would last. my wallet hurts :shock:

still, the whole series for less than £32 is a bargain. there should be a nice little set of parcels on their way after i get back from Donnington...

Back