Excel Saga

Watched the first volume, and personally I couldn't get into it. The only episode I really liked was the parody of war movies set in Vietnam and Columbia. The line about mick cracked me up. :mrgreen:

Other than that though, I just felt that the series was a bit too random. Even though I liked some of the characters (like Nabeshin and the ever put upon immigrant worker Pedro), I just think that a little more structure would have really helped the series. I don't know, maybe I would have liked some of the later episodes, but for me I've got other anime to buy right now. Maybe if someone else I know got it I'd sit down to watch. *shrugs*

Excel Saga is amazing. I mean, i never knew that anything could be that weird! :lol:

Especially funny are the Alien Spoof episode, The fist of the north star spoof, and everything and anything involving nabeshin!

"Don't worry girls, explosions fix everything!" 8)

Hehe Excel is pretty cool, due to my orange hair and green-ish eyes I have thought of cosplaying for the May expo xD mwahaha I can picture me running around terrorising people...fantastic xD Excel ftw!

For me its the funniest anime ever made. If you look at the randomation a different way, its actually a series full of variety, new ideas as well as spoofs, imagination and invention. even though its episodic, there's some decent characterisation. You can actually see the huge amount of work that's gone into creating it. I think its a masterpiece, its No.3 in my Top 5 anime series list.

There's also a fair bit of dark humour in it as well 8)

Puni Puni funnier but still excell is excell-ent ;) One of my first boxset purchases waaaay back now... Its not one for the less experienced anime fans due to well theres alot of parodies in there that the less experienced just wont get. But yea tis very funny ill say no more and leave you enjoy........ but one thing needs to be said haha. The sports anime parodies are excellent due to the crappyness of sports anime made me roll with laughter.

It's a great series and there is far more depth to it than may first appear. Even if you don't recognise the parodies or references to other anime it's still highly entertaining. I love the whole Pedro side-story that features, just his wail of despair has me in stiches.

I think it's time I gave this series another viewing.

Love this anime, its so crazy, it you love it try Puni Puni Poemy on for size only two episodes but its crazier than any Excel Saga episode.

Back