excel saga finished

One of my favourite anime comedies and manga series.

The dubbed version that aired on Rapture however is awful. The dub almost made me never watch the series properly. Here's to ADV and their awful to sub par dubs!

You didn't watch much of it! ;)
It's definately "WTF?" funny. I did laugh at other animes more than this, but it's still an epic comedy. :)
My advise, SUB NOT DUB! Voices are much better and you can pause the text on-screen... So you don't miss anything from Excel's roadrunner-fast speeches.

I ejoyed it at first but after a wile it just gets boring. i prefer anime with a good storyline. i hope rapture picks a better anime next time. if there is a next time.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
The dubbed version that aired on Rapture however is awful. The dub almost made me never watch the series properly. Here's to ADV and their awful to sub par dubs!
I think it's just the nature of Excel Saga. If dubbed your ears will bleed from the shouting, if subbed your eyes will bleed from the speed the damn girl talks - you can't win!

I like the series though. Might have missed the news, but has word got out about what anime will be screen next (if any)?

Ushio said:
if subbed your eyes will bleed from the speed the damn girl talks - you can't win!
I must be a very fast reader then because I got most of what was said the first time and the little things I missed I picked up on the second and third watch.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I must be a very fast reader then because I got most of what was said the first time and the little things I missed I picked up on the second and third watch.
Mm, it's not too bad, the only times I struggled were when Excel was talking at the same time as Ilpalazzo and Hyatt... too many lines of text...

After seeing what everyone thought about it,i was going to give it a miss when they started showing it on Rapture.

But i honestly enjoyed it and found it quite funny.The dub also didn't bother me what so ever.

Back