Eureka 7 movie comming out

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
The May issue (on sale on April 10) of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will officially anounce that an Eureka Seven movie has been greenlit for production. Director Tomoki Kyoda (RahXephon movie), character designer Kenichi Yoshida (Overman King Gainer), and special effects director Yasushi Muraki (Ah! My Goddess: The Movie, The Skull Man) will reportedly return to animate with new mechanical designs, as well as a new form of storytelling that differs how the BONES anime studio produced the RahXephon movie. Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," it will still feature the Renton and Eureka characters that starred in the original television version. Bandai Entertainment released both the original anime television series and the manga spinoff in North America. The Adult Swim television network ran the program in the United States.

all i can say is :) :D :) :D :) :D

That is really weird, i was just thinking "it would be good if they made a eureka seven movie"before i saw this :eek:
I look forward to finding out more about this! ^_^

It is a pity it is the usual 'lets just reboot everything' movie - with a 50 episode series to build on you think they could go rather further - I generally dislike reboots at the best of times, especially with one of my favourite series :(

Glad to hear there is a movie coming out, although i would rather see a season 2 or some OVA's :p. I wanna see what happens after the final ep!

Hear that? 'Tis the sound of me spinning in my chair in celebration of this news. I really loved E7 by its end, fingers crossed the movie maintains everything I love about the original; not least of all the awesome music.

The Shoji Kawamori fanboy in me is disappointed but otherwise I can't wait to see how it'll turn out. Many of the other key staff members are on board after all, and a feature film format promises a large production budget and an interesting retelling of the story.

Excellent news. ^_^

If ya read the quote, it says:

"Although the creators are promising a new Eureka Seven "mythos," it will still feature the Renton and Eureka characters that starred in the original television version."

So, it'll be a different take on a similar story I suspect.

Brilliant, this is something to look forward to I loved the original Eureka 7 series so I can't wait to see what they come up with for the movie

Gekko Go said:
cool is this a sequel cause that would rock

Sadly i dont think its a complete sequel, i honestly have no idea cause i havent fully looked into it :p
Sequel would rock tho, love this anime!

This is good news, although first of all i really must get round to finishing the series itself. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out as well.

Back