Ergo Proxy

I’m considering making this my next series to collect, can anyone list me the pros and cons of Ergo Proxy so I know what to expect if I decide to begin collecting it? I can tell already that the animation art is quite pretty, but other than that I need your help to know more.

Ergo Proxy is extremely pretentious and nonsensical. I wish I could recommend it because it looks so cool and has a great opening theme, but the truth is that after the first 10 or so episodes, I just lost interest. Compared with Texhnolyze, it lacks vital human empathy to make the characters interesting enough to follow for the whole series.

With that said, it's places a lot of emphasis on high concept philosophy and symbolism - a lot like Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence.

Well I do like Ghost in the Shell, but that's because it ballanced philosphy, action and character development all at a steady pace. I suppose I'll snoop around for a couple of reviews and watch the first episode on YouTube to get a general feel of the style before I decide to splash out on this. I'm a little low on money since I still need to keep some cash aside for Gears of War and Phantasy Star Universe.

Back