English voice actor Johnny Yong Bosch at October MCM Expo

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
Manga and MVM have announced that English voice actor and former Power Ranger Johnny Yong Bosch will be at the next <a href="http://www.londonexpo.com/">London MCM Expo</a> (20-21 Oct). Bosch's dub career includes many notable lead roles, not least of all Vash from <em>Trigun </em>and Ichigo from <em>Bleach</em>.

I guess he would be pretty cool to meet. I like his voice in Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, Wolf's Rain, Akira and so on.

Awesome. I guess that's my attendance at London Expo this October pretty much confirmed. He's blatantly going as a guest of Manga Entertainment, not hard to guess really, the voice actor for Ichigo attending the month before Bleach vol1 is released.

Also he voiced Itsuki Koizumi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I'd say that's at least worth a mention ;)

The e-mail I got actually said he's a guest of both MVM and Manga, and will be signing things at both stands, so I guess you've got a wide selection of stuffs to take along. With that in mind, I'm surprised Beez didn't get in on the act too, with Wolf's Rain and all!

I think Bosch mentioned that Kiba from Wolf's Rain was one of his favourite anime roles. He even cosplayed as him at a con once I think although that might just have been promotion.

I'm actually shocked at the majority of AUKN, you like Johnny Yong Bosch? Yet you all prefer subs!? >_>

Yeah, he's pretty coo', I like him in quite a few roles, especially Renton and Kiba, and Ichigo, too bad he's not going to Telford. ;_;

Well his voice acting is one of the things that helps warm poeple towards the dub. His Wolf's Rain voice for Kiba was great though his worst move IMO, has to be him playing the part of the green power ranger...

I've watched the first episode of Bleach so many times on AnimeCentral now. So I guess it'll be quite snazzy to get something signed by him.

Never knew he was a Ranger though. XD

Lupus Inu said:
I'm actually shocked at the majority of AUKN, you like Johnny Yong Bosch? Yet you all prefer subs!? >_>

It's one thing that the voice actors always say at conventions. You get people complaining online about "this voice sounds crap" or "I hate this dub", but those people will always be the first in line for getting stuff signed at cons.

Well, 2nd in line, I seem to end up first in line quite frequently to get items signed, and I definitly don't mouth off against dubs in forums, quite the opposite, in fact!

I actually shrieked out loud.I adore Johnny Yong Bosch.Definately one of my favourite VA's,still don't know if i'll bother getting anything signed though.hmmm not sure,it's a pain queueing and what not.

I do hope that the London Expo/Japan Expo grows enough to be a place for Japanese seiyuu and music artists to come to. Oh how I envy people who can go to Anime Expo.

Back