Kensuke - Greg Ayres
Toji - Justin Cook
Aoba - Phil Parsons
Kiel - Bill Jenkins
Hikari - Leah Clark
Kaworu - Jerry Jewell
Yui - Stephanie Young
Eva - Mike McFarland

Not sure I want to see it now, with most of the characters being recast, especially no original Rei, Ritsuko or Gendo

Ritsuko and Gendo were two of the better performers in the original dub, in my opinion. I'll give this a try dubbed of course, but there's always subtitles if it's unbearable thank God.

Although I like John Swasey in other things, his Gendo in the directors cut of the original series was just too different from the original.

When it comes to the second movie though, if they can't get Tiffany Grant to voice Asuka, then they're buggered. ( Don't think that's a worry though as she's an Asuka nut. )

It's good that Allison Keith and Spike Spencer will be reprising their roles. In truth the ADV dub isn't great by today's standards, but since I first watched Evangelion in English I still regard it fondly.

Phew, I'm relieved that Shinji and Misato are keeping their original voice actors at least. I can deal with the other changes as long as they're the same. I think Greg Ayers should be returned as Kaworu, though, considering he done such a great job in the director's cut version of the dubbed ep. 24. Overall, though, I'm happy that the two strongest, most memorable dub actors (those for Shinji and Misato) are back :]

The fact that they managed to bring back Spike and Allison means that it's almost certain that i'll pick this up when it's released.

If they hadn't managed to get them, then I wouldn't have bothered as their voices have pretty unique characteristics.

I had a feeling they couldn't get the original Gendo though as he seems to have vanished of the face of the planet.

I'm also surprised they didn't go with Monica Rial for Rei, when I first heard her Jo from Burst Angel I originally thought it Was Amanda.

Lupus said:
Pretty sure Gendo's new VA will do good ...

As I said earlier, I like John Swasey.

But his Gendo in the directors cut stuck out like a baboons ****, so I have no confidence in it not doing this time.

Back