Elfen Lied

I just finished watching this anime and daaaamn! Was it gooood! the music was really cool and fitted the scenes and plot of the story!! The animation was superb and the series on the whole was just brilliant.

Though a buddy pointed out it trys too much to impress made me think 'Yeah! Thats kinda true! but still!! bloody brilliant series!!'

What'd y'all think?!

I've seen all but the last four of the elfen lied series, haven't watched in a while, but it is a very good series, and it's got more to it than just violence. Also, shouldn't this be in the anime recommendations and views? lol I should know because I made the same thread a while back lol.

I watched the first episode and was quickly grossed out. Suffice to say, I have failed to see the rest...might give it another go though. I'm older and wiser nowadays.

Well, perhaps the latter is up for argument :wink:

I think it's definatley an anime masterpeice. But Im not recommending this to anyone, so I dont think it should be in the recommendation thingers. Just wanted to know what ppl thought of the series

Melainy said:
I watched the first episode and was quickly grossed out. Suffice to say, I have failed to see the rest...might give it another go though. I'm older and wiser nowadays.
The sound effects make the first episode more comical than gross. It's still an awesome opening scene though.

I`m waiting for this to come out in the UK next monday so I`ll buy it then. The trailers I`ve seen off it has intrigued me, plus SFX magazine gave it a really good review and a 5 out of 5 rating.

::: waves to everyone :: Been away a long time :: grins ::

Having just watched the first volume it seems a bit like Tsukihime as far as the story goes. It tries a little too hard to shock in my opinion, which has always been one of my pet hates as regards the whole horror genre but the story seems to be strong and is not badly realised for all of that. A promising start to the series and I look forward to seeing more :).

Gawyn said:
Having just watched the first volume it seems a bit like Tsukihime as far as the story goes. It tries a little too hard to shock in my opinion, which has always been one of my pet hates as regards the whole horror genre but the story seems to be strong and is not badly realised for all of that. A promising start to the series and I look forward to seeing more :).

I feel ya on that, it does try to impress, but IMO I dont think it has to try very hard, there are certain animes which do it just for the fun of it, but the blood in this suits the storlyine and plot

For those of you who have watched all of the series including the special episode, 14, episode 14 is an alternate, and crappier imo, ending to the series.

fowler said:
For those of you who have watched all of the series including the special episode, 14, episode 14 is an alternate, and crappier imo, ending to the series.

the 14th ep or OVA as most people call it is set before the end of ep 13, it's not an alternate ending, just another part of the story.

Necromancer said:
fowler said:

the 14th ep or OVA as most people call it is set before the end of ep 13, it's not an alternate ending, just another part of the story.

Ah, i'd heard that it was an alternative ending, pretty wierd ep anyway lol.

I saw the the first episode at the expo and I found it a bit too gory for me because of all the organs flying around.

I'd like to watch some more of the series though because I did like the plot and I want to find out what happens to Lucy in the end. I'll just have to look away at all the really violent parts :D

Back