Elastic

Voddas

Symphogear
There on the ledge I stand, 200 feet in the air. I dare not look down. Instead my eyes stay trained on the horizon of trees and sky.

Sweat trickles down my brow, that’s when I notice the cool breeze. It would probably be unnoticeable to me on another day, but not today. My senses have been heightened. I can feel the air move around me, the soft sent of pine from the trees below. My heart, beating in my chest.

I wince as I feel the ropes around my heels twitch. They’re doing the last checks, its’ nearly time. My senses are now fading as my heart takes over, pounding against my rib cage.

I lose concentration for a just a second and I’m looking down at the river below. My throat blocks, I feel like I’m going to burn up. The whole of my body is pulling me away but I don’t move. My stomach feels like it wants to break free. Unable to turn my head I shut my eyes.

I hear a call from behind and I glance to see a raised thumb, signally that I’m good to go. It’s time to jump.

Here under a bridge over a valley inNorth America, I stand. About to do one of the things a million years of evolution has trained my body not to.

Even though I’m sick to my stomach and I may go to peaces at any moment, I dig deep.

Everything seems to slow down as I give an almighty yell and throw myself forward!

A moment of clarity. My body has been released from its cage and I’m over come with emotion. I’m a soup of adrenaline and euphoria as I hurtle towards the earth.

The river below rushes towards me as I feel the straps around my heels tighten. My brain feels like someone is trying to suck it from my skull as my body is pulled back up to the sky. I hadn’t realised until now but I was laughing, hard. This was probably brought on by fear.... It felt good.

Gasping for breath and feeling limp, the fuzz begins to subside. I’m left dangling with the whole experience echoing in my mind, the emotional rollercoaster has come to an end. Who knew you could have so much fun with Elastic!

Lol =) I wanted to go when they were doing it for free as a promotion for borderlands, but it was raining and I couldn't be bothered to leave my flat...

Hah, nicely done.

To be honest I have no idea if I'd accept doing it if I was offered the chance. My bum is twitching just thiinking about it. O___o

I'd probably do it still.

I'm known to have brain farts from time to time. :p

Today has been National Poetry Day. So I wrote one for my wife as a romantic gesture.

Please only read this if you have sick bucket to hand. It is rather sloppy. :oops:

Sarah how I love you so,
Each day I feel that love grow and grow.
Being with you for all this time,
Reminds me how glad I am you're mine.

I'll be with you through thick and thin.
You need an example?
Well let me begin.

If money's ever short and you're full of worries,
I'd get a second job, PC World or Curry's,
I'd work all the hours you'd find in the day,
So you'd be happy all year round,
June till May.

So don't ever feel sad, or worry about life,
Becasue I'll be with you forever,
My best friend, my wife.

I warned you. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Voddas said:
I'm known to have brain farts from time to time. :p

Today has been National Poetry Day. So I wrote one for my wife as a romantic gesture.

Please only read this if you have sick bucket to hand. It is rather sloppy. :oops:

Sarah how I love you so,
Each day I feel that love grow and grow.
Being with you for all this time,
Reminds me how glad I am you're mine.

I'll be with you through thick and thin.
You need an example?
Well let me begin.

If money's ever short and you're full of worries,
I'd get a second job, PC World or Curry's,
I'd work all the hours you'd find in the day,
So you'd be happy all year round,
June till May.

So don't ever feel sad, or worry about life,
Becasue I'll be with you forever,
My best friend, my wife.

I warned you. :p

Aha, wicked poem man! That's such a sweet thing to do for your wife.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back