Eh? Gurren-Lagann

Sami said:
That also goes for Vic. He was great as Edward in FMA, but that is it. It's like after that he made no effort in his voices, or at least it seemed that way for me :/

That's the problem with Vic Mignogna. He has been Ed, and now every director uses him for his "vanilla Ed voice", to appease the fangirls.

The one thing that noone has mentioned is that this is a dub directed by Matt Greenfield. He doesn't direct much these days, but he's shown himself time and time again to get the very best from his dub cast. If anyone can get the most out of Vic, it's Matt Greenfield.

Just as in Japan, American voice actors are known for particular parts, and are often hired for their characteristic sound. Tiffany and Vic are big examples here, but I remember being able to tell straight away if I heard Megumi Hayashibara (although she's pretty damn versatile!) and Hikaru Midorikawa (not very versatile at all, but his voice is sex on legs).

I'm never one to bash these guys, because they get better and better, but still have to put up with so much shctick from purists. They're also really nice people to talk to - albeit it's very strange when you do, because all you can think of is "This is weird, I'm having lunch in a pub with Asuka." Please don't forget that there are people behind the names.

Matt Greenfield is awesome, if a little scary in person XD

LOLOLOLOL, that youtube trailer is hilariously cheesy in a fantastic way!!

"Tha Gainax bounce" XDDD

Sy said:
The problem with a lot of dub actors is that they seem to have very little range and sound virtually the same in everything they're in.
It's no different for seiyus. Type-casting isn't always a bad thing.

Lupus Inu said:
Martin said:
Lupus Inu said:
Roadie said:
ttgl dubbed? please don't...

Please do. Elabourate as to why it shouldn't.
Two words: Tiffany Grant.

I'm not saying the can't act (she can, very well in fact) but as a voice actor I don't rate her at all - she sounds EXACTLY the same in everything she stars in, whatever role she's playing. To me that's a sign of a VA with zero versatility.
I see what you did there.

But her character isn't exactly important to the series anyway seeing as she's just Fan Service on legs.

Yoko is an awesome character! You say shes fanservice... but they could have given us more! >.<

Japanese DVD cover-art for last volume of Gurren Lagann. Awesome is an understatement?

2008-02-16dvd09_001_2.jpg

Japanese DVD cover-art for last volume of Gurren Lagann. Awesome is an understatement?
I think thats the back? Or maybe what I'm thinking off is the back. Anyway, what I've seen is all of the GL characters on the front cover, before and after timeskip versions of nia simon yoko and gimmy and darry, rest of the crew only appear once

Roadie said:
I think thats the back? Or maybe what I'm thinking off is the back. Anyway, what I've seen is all of the GL characters on the front cover, before and after timeskip versions of nia simon yoko and gimmy and darry, rest of the crew only appear once

It might have his front on the front and his back on the back ^^

Back