Editorial: A new era for the UK community?

Yeah most likely. Apparently we arent going to get it on the guide over here so i done that walkthrough for people here but if anyone cant wait might want to give it a try anyway

Rapture will be available in the UK AND Ireland - not sure where the rumour that it was UK only came from, but it's not true. Those who have been following the tests will have noticed an Irish SMS number on the interactive music show.

I would imagine Rapture will appear on 288 shortly after midday, ITV4 launched around that time last week.

It came directly from Sky a friend of mine is an installer for them, and a HUGE FMA fan, and when he looked into it he was told it was UK only.

Good to know he was misinformed though

Ok, I looked at FMA on the tv guide and it says Edward Elricand, hmm.

I found this quite re-assuring though. Someone on the rapture forums (I guess a rapture employee) said "Rapture has no plans to edit any of the Anime eps. So far we have seen nothing that would make us think that editing is needed."

Thank god :lol:

Since I haven't had a chance to see it yet, what are the anime adverts like? How long?

I also wonder if Rapture will retain the original Japanese opening and ending themes. I'd love to see Asian Kung Fu Generation's OP for FMA on UK TV and well, it goes without saying that I would be gutted if Yoko Kanno's OP and ED work on Wolf's Rain is at all ignored.

Well the wolfs rain trailer isnt really a trailer its just a clip, but the FMA is a proper trailer and it has Ready Steady Go in the background so I guess there going to use the proper opening and endings.
The Wolfs Rain clip is just really about 20 seconds and the FMA trailer is relatively short aswell.

neptune2venus said:
It's good that now we'll all be able to watch more anime on the good ol' box! I still miss the Sci-Fi channel days! :shock:

Not much of a shock, i miss the good old 4am marathons. pity it all went to pot at the end of 2002 after they finished showing Nadesico, Evangelion and Gender. Its a pity, though that said, even at that point, save the series' the channel was full of repeats.

All the same, it woke me up to the scene beyond a few old videos at the local video shop.

Lets hope Rapture kickstarts things again. i for one will be tuning in on tusdays, and sporadicly on thursdays.

:p I got home at about 5pm, and my dad had spent all day fixing up the satellite and the box, and i turned to channel 288 and it was playing previews, i'm so happy! Also, now i'm pretty Sky trained lol, i found Rapture listed on the A-Z thingee and the enterainment bit. Also, i put FMA and Wolf's Rain on alerts thing.

Also, does anyone get the same problem as me, it's like at certain points the screen gets a little pixelated, and the general quality is pretty poor tbh :S.

But anyways, looks like a good start. Although, i still thing it needs more exposure, i mean if someone is flicking through the channels, they are only going to see clubbing programmes and extreme sports, there are hardly enought adverts. And does anyone know if there are adverts on other channels, because we haven't actually subscribed to Sky, just bought the box and the dish and hooked it up ourselves and got a viewing card so i don't have Sky one and all that...yet...

Oh and, did i miss anything on the channel? Because the list only shows currently playing programmes and the programmes to come. So i didn't know if i had missed any programmes, because i really wanted to see the channel launch.

But it's a little worrying that they spelt the first word wrong. They put your'e instead of you're XD.

Umm do i have nething else to say, other that i'm very excited about this and i will be advertising this channel everywhere lol, although so far i got one person who checked it out saying 'it's ****', but he's an idiot so i think i'll ignore that. But apart from that, no one else seems to be interested, and thats out of the lots of ppl i know from skool who i have been telling them all day. Except one person lol, who likes anime.

Anyways, i hope i get more luck tomorrow when i can say 'watch channel 288 on Sky tonight at 8:30pm, you're in for a shock', then they might actually give it a go.

:p

It'll be on in my house, by God it will be. I don't care who moans, tonight. The revolution will be televised.

Anyway, the editorial really gives me a good feeling about the UK anime industry. It is frustrating when the US get all the box sets and it's cheaper etc. but sitting watching Howl's Moving Castle at the cinema in Leicster Square really made feel optimistic about the future of anime in the UK.

Back